Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on a 1706 train from London to Brighton tonight?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you see Dougie Freedman get on, don't give up your seat for him :thumbsup:

[tweet]502856882818924544[/tweet]

Why on earth would they travel down to Brighton on the train during Friday evening rush hour (if true)?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If you see Dougie Freedman get on, don't give up your seat for him :thumbsup:

[tweet]502856882818924544[/tweet]

Why on earth would they travel down to Brighton on the train during Friday evening rush hour (if true)?

They got free train travel included in there package, no need to pay for a coach + driver

Barber OUT!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They got free train travel included in there package, no need to pay for a coach + driver

Barber OUT!

Oh, good call, I forgot about the train travel.

The tight *******S.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
C: This is Bolton, is it?

O: (with a fake mustache) No, it's Palace.

C: (looking at the camera) That's inter-city rail for you.

The customer goes to the train station.

He addresses a man standing behind a desk marked "Complaints".

C: I wish to complain, British-Railways Person.

Attendant: I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS JOB, YOU KNOW!!!

C: I beg your pardon...?

A: I'm a qualified brain surgeon! I only do this job because I like being my own boss!

C: Excuse me, this is irrelevant, isn't it?

A: Yeah, well it's not easy to pad these python files out to 200 lines, you know.

C: Well, I wish to complain. I got on the Bolton train and found myself deposited here in Palace.

A: No, this is Bolton.

C: (to the camera) The pet shop man's brother was lying!!

A: Can't blame British Rail for that.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A 1706 train you say ??? A Richard Trevithick made a nine mile train journey in 1804, the first thereof, to win a £500 prize if my memory of CSE history serves me right, so there :p

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]502870150950166529[/tweet]

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This concerns me somewhat. Clearly they play crap when they pamper the players, so maybe this is there way to gee them up a bit. We need to be on our game tomorrow i suspect. Let's hope they don't eat anything dodgy at the Norfolk tonight.....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Will they be leaving on 80 minutes to leg it down to the Brighton-bound platform for the train back?

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
They may be travelling now because there are no trains running between Manchester & Euston on Saturday, Sunday or Monday due to engineering work. Don't know how they'll be getting back though !!

For the very,very small number of us travelling tomorrow , it's an early start & a long journey via Yarkshire.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They may be travelling now because there are no trains running between Manchester & Euston on Saturday, Sunday or Monday due to engineering work. Don't know how they'll be getting back though !!

For the very,very small number of us travelling tomorrow , it's an early start & a long journey via Yarkshire.

As of Tuesday, you'd sold about 800, according to our local ROZZER. It's no Sheffield Wednesday (I mean, who is? They are just so massive) but it's alright.

The players would always have travelled down today in any case, it was more a question of why they'd hit one of the busiest commuter routes in the UK during Friday evening rush hour, as opposed to (say) early afternoon :) And also curious that they appear to be staying in one of the less glamourous hotels in town. Right on the seafront, which, at 2am on a bank holiday weekend, will be littered with pissed up clubbers staggering home, and the sound of screeching teenage girls going "Leave it out Chloe, 'e 'ain't worth it!" at the top of their voices.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Clubbers going home Edna, at 2am. ???

We have the five/six am clubs nowadays :)

I was coming down on a Crapital Connect train a few Friday evenings ago, about half ten pm, and there was a group of young lads going to Brighton for a night out from Haywards Heath. They were boisterous, but hadn't been drinking (yet!) Out of curiosity, I asked them if they were going clubbing, and how much did it cost for them all to get home in taxis. They smirked at the old-man nature of the question, and replied they drank till five/six am, then populated an early morning cafe for a fry-up, then got a train home :) Sawted...

A 1706 train you say ??? A Richard Trevithick made a nine mile train journey in 1804, the first thereof, to win a £500 prize if my memory of CSE history serves me right, so there :p

..An anorak writes.

You are confusing Richard Trevithick's locomotive with the "Rocket" and the Rainhill Trials of 1829, although well done for remembering the correct amount of the prize money offered at the latter.

......Absolutely nothing to do with tomorrow's game tho'. How good was Tuesday's first goal, I have a feeling in my water that there is an Albion legend in the making.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clubbers going home Edna, at 2am. ???

We have the five/six am clubs nowadays :)

I was coming down on a Crapital Connect train a few Friday evenings ago, about half ten pm, and there was a group of young lads going to Brighton for a night out from Haywards Heath. They were boisterous, but hadn't been drinking (yet!) Out of curiosity, I asked them if they were going clubbing, and how much did it cost for them all to get home in taxis. They smirked at the old-man nature of the question, and replied they drank till five/six am, then populated an early morning cafe for a fry-up, then got a train home :) Sawted...

They come out in dribs and drabs pretty much all night, which is all the better for Bolton Wanderers :)

The first train home is indeed usually pretty busy.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
As of Tuesday, you'd sold about 800, according to our local ROZZER. It's no Sheffield Wednesday (I mean, who is? They are just so massive) but it's alright.

The players would always have travelled down today in any case, it was more a question of why they'd hit one of the busiest commuter routes in the UK during Friday evening rush hour, as opposed to (say) early afternoon :) And also curious that they appear to be staying in one of the less glamourous hotels in town. Right on the seafront, which, at 2am on a bank holiday weekend, will be littered with pissed up clubbers staggering home, and the sound of screeching teenage girls going "Leave it out Chloe, 'e 'ain't worth it!" at the top of their voices.

I'd be very surprised if we've sold 800, from what i've heard it's around 300. We'll see.

My guess is that the teams' odd arrangements have everything to do with the club's cost cutting......we're skint, but not in any danger, because all the "debt" is to our owner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here