Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommendations for a £15 - £25 bottle of champagne please

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I don't drink the stuff and so i haven't got a clue about it. Preferably something i can pick up from a supermarket but not essential. Thanks in advance

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
18713011_0_640x640.jpg

This is £9.99 in Tesco. Very high quality and, in my opinion, comparable to a decent champagne at a third of the price.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Go for a decent bottle of Prosecco, for around £12, even the cheaper ones at £7 are pretty decent.
Sound advice. Would have gone for this but it's a present to someone else and therefore has to be champagne really.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Does it have to be specifically Champagne? You might get better value with a sparkling wine (I.e. not from the Champagne region). Ridge View is a really high quality wine, and is from Sussex (Ditchling): http://www.ridgeview.co.uk/products/ridgeview-bloomsbury/29146
£25

Just what I was thinking. Haven't tried the ridgeview but will do. The beautiful downland Breaky Bottom vineyard to the north of Saltdean does brilliant sparkly at around £25. also just got a Plumpton one called The Dean to be tried on her Birthday. Both in Waitrose. I would make the trip, algie.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Camel Valley (cornwall) sparkling white has beaten the french for the past 4 years or so and is generally known for being better than most champagnes it has won numourous awards but I think only available at Waitrose.
Like all these threads its a question of taste but my favourite lower priced Champagne is Laurant Perrier.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just what I was thinking. Haven't tried the ridgeview but will do. The beautiful downland Breaky Bottom vineyard to the north of Saltdean does brilliant sparkly at around £25. also just got a Plumpton one called The Dean to be tried on her Birthday. Both in Waitrose. I would make the trip, algie.
It's a wedding present. Don't think it would be appropriate to give anything else.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's a wedding present. Don't think it would be appropriate to give anything else.

In that case, may I respectfully refer the Rt. Hon gentleman to my suggestion in post #11

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Another vote for a Sussex fizz, my preference, is Nyetimber, has won many awards, and has put the nose out of joint of many a French man making Champagne.

If you cam buy from an independent retailer, they will be selling good stuff, at the right price, and won't risk selling you a pup.

Failing that, then if you want to get cheap Champagne, then look in the supermarkets for the ones they are doing special "half price", not really half price at all, probably more like what they should be being sold for, but you'll rarely get a bad one, sometimes you get them for £12-£15, which means you can get 2!

Is it a Sussex wedding? If so, then I'd have thought far more thoughtful to go for a Ridgeview or Nyetimber, or something else from Sussex (not Harveys!)

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Sainsbury's have Lanson black label on offer at £25.50, if I remember that one is normally in a presentation box and Lanson is a pretty good one.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Go for a decent bottle of Prosecco, for around £12, even the cheaper ones at £7 are pretty decent.

Cheers all. Decided to go Prosecco or Cava now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here