Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA EXPECTING HIGH-TEMPO GAME

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-press-22aug14-ld229-1858535_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia speaks to media ahead of Bolton.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
13:29 22nd August 2014
by Paul Camillin
We need to be ready to win the battle on the field, then use our quality and passing to create chances and win the game."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia has warned his players to expect another high-tempo affair when Bolton Wanderers visit the Amex tomorrow.
Hyypia, who wants his team to build on Tuesday’s 2-0 win at Leeds, told seagulls.co.uk, “I think it will be a similar game to the last three. The tempo will be high, there will be a lot of end-to-end stuff and a lot of challenges for the ball.“We need to be ready to win the battle on the field, then use our quality and passing to create chances and win the game.
“It’s very important we aim to get a lot of points at home – but I see home and away games the same. I don’t think we will play more offensive or defensive if it’s a home or away game.
“The game at Leeds showed that we can push and play offensive football away from and that’s the way it’s going to be.”
Hyypia was delighted with Tuesday’s performance at Leeds, and admitted he was pleasantly surprised to see things come together so soon, after the defeat at Birmingham City last Saturday.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

*“Maybe I didn’t expect it [so soon]. I was very pleased in the first half to stand on the side of the pitch and watch the players do a really good job.
“It’s great to have the first win under our belt and we can build on that now, but we need to keep our feet on the ground and we must remember we still have a long time ahead of us.
“Everyone saw on Tuesday what happens when you add a little bit of quality to the squad. It can change quite a lot. We are still hoping for a few more new faces to make the squad stronger.
“We are working hard to do that and then it’s up to us to work on the training pitch so that we keep improving. What we saw on Tuesday I was very happy with, but consistency and doing that for 90 minutes is our goal, we will work on that in training.
“If you analyse the first half, maybe I would have liked us to create more chances. That was the only thing in the first half we could have done better: to be a little bit more dangerous in the final third, but I think that will come.” [h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h] saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h] SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h] SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here