Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do I do .............................. .............................. .?

My son (aged 18 years) has been at the FA School of Excellence this week. There are coaches from most football clubs from the UK, including BHA.

He has played his final match this morning & was desperate for the Albion coach to watch him (he has been an Albion fan & season ticket holder - for most of his life).

Yet, at the end of the match, the Charlton Athletic coach, has come over & asked him to train with them at The Valley (in October).

Big dilemma - how the hell can my son potentially play for a football club in the same league as ours?

What do I do? Big confused!???

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?307409-**-BHA-v-Bolton-**-Score-Predictor

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If he has a chance of making a career from this, as sounds possible, then he's better not to let his heart rule his head in my view.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can't believe that any decision other than go and train with them is being considered. It's not as if the Albion have shown any interest.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Take the chance, it might not come up again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My son (aged 18 years) has been at the FA School of Excellence this week. There are coaches from most football clubs from the UK, including BHA.

He has played his final match this morning & was desperate for the Albion coach to watch him (he has been an Albion fan & season ticket holder - for most of his life).

Yet, at the end of the match, the Charlton Athletic coach, has come over & asked him to train with them at The Valley (in October).

Big dilemma - how the hell can my son potentially play for a football club in the same league as ours?

Your son is EIGHTEEN years old FFS. Is it not a case of "what does HE do?"

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Seems obvious to me. Tell them to F@ck off and get him to apply for a job at Asda.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Thinly veiled "my son's good at football" thread.

FWIW - He goes to the best offer, there's very little space for loyalty in football these days. Especially if you're a player, he could go to Brighton and be told he's not good enough in 2 years time.

Be thankful there's an offer.

Last edited:

Take the opportunity that's there don't hold out hope for the Albion,imagine if he made it at the Albion and got slated on nsc and at the matches how gutted and angry would you feel.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There is only one answer, and I think the OP knows this and is just attention seeking.

How many footballers actually play for the team they support?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Easy. if Charlton are the only ones interested you go to Charlton and try to prove that they were right to pick him up

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I believe the OP is confused as his default position is to bomb the palestinians and he's finding it hard to spot any.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He clearly isn't a Brighton fan if he is even considering trying to have a football career at another club

I'd rather be a toilet attendant in Oceana then play professionally for another team

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

110% take the opportunity with Charlton. It could open many doors.

I'll be his agent and will charge a flat-rate 5% on earnings & transfers. You won't find a cheaper agent around.

Where do I sign?

Raises1.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here