Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry defends Malky.. "He hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile"

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he hasnt defended them. daft thing to say, but appallingly out of context headline.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Wow. It would have been better if he hadn't said anything at all. Is it really his business? And I'm assuming this was during his QPR press conference?

It's a classic case of saying too much, especially when he comes out with

"Hopefully he will learn from what he has done but everyone does the tweeting and texting. I don't send text messages, but I do receive them with sick jokes. I don't read them, they make me ill."

How does he know he receives sick jokes if he doesn't read them, and how do they make him ill, if he doesn't read them?

Nice one 'arry.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Normally, I assume anything coming out of Cardiff City FC these days to be absolutely mad. However, their statement is pretty damning and, if true, really does show that the LMA need to take a long and hard look at itself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Redknapp's comments imply that - in his opinion - the punishment does not fit the crime. But what exactly is the punishment? It's basically not being able to keep your snout in the Premier League trough.

I don't think any expects Mackay to suddenly become completely unable to earn a living from football - I'm sure there are plenty of lower profile, lower league clubs who'd be happy to pay him £100K p.a. to manage their team. I expect Mackay was on something like £500K p.a. at Cardiff - this is the salary Laudrup was on at Swansea. Can anyone REALLY feel any sympathy for Mackay?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So Cardiff "allege" there more than two. I've heard of four or five. My point stands, that's less than a handful out of 10,000 messages. I would actually be surprised if there weren't more - I would hate for people to see the messages I've sent to close mates!

Cardiff allege "many more" than two. I think that would put it higher than four or five. How many comments out of 10,000 does it need before it becomes serious? How many homophobic remarks about fellow football employees? How many sexist comments about players' representatives? How many racist comments about perspective signings? How many anti-semetic comments about people the club has to deal with in a fairly regular basis?

The statement also highlights the code of conduct agreed to, which this would contravene. It also points to attempts of Mackay and the LMA to lie about it, and their lack of acting to notify the FA as they are obliged to do.

It has become about more than "just a couple of naughty texts".

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From Football 365

Mediawatch is reminded of Will Ferrell's character Cam Brady in the film The Campaign saying: "In my lifetime, I have made over 100,000 phone calls and maybe 1,000 of them were obscene. That's a very small percentage."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here