Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotavator

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Does anyone have a rotavator or tiller that I can borrow for a day? I could collect and return it from anywhere in Brighton / Mid-Sussex.

:D

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Sorry can't help. If it's any consolation, I can reveal that rotavator is the longest palindrome in the English Dictionary.

How much clay is there in your soil?

In my experience, a rotavator is the most effective way of compressing clay soil into brick-like clods that make it impossible to plant or grow anything.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
If it helps you can hire one from A-Plants Tool Hire Express store. They are on Freshfield Business Park in Brighton. Call 01273 564360 and ask for Tristan. He's very helpful and will be able to quote you a hire rate.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Is that rotavator, a garden rotavator.

I think the Prodigy may well be able to help.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How much clay is there in your soil?

In my experience, a rotavator is the most effective way of compressing clay soil into brick-like clods that make it impossible to plant or grow anything.

usful input. i've been toying with the idea of rotavating my garden which is awfully uneven and cracked from all the clay shrinkage, mix in top soil along the way. you think this will just make it worse?

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Our garden used to be covered in slate chippings but we want to grass it now. We've removed the slate and the liner but the soil is compressed and needs topsoil adding. I'm not sure what the soil is like - is Hassocks likely to be chalky or clay?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] had one. I've used it before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here