2. Kyle Lafferty
3. Cameron Jerome
4. Gary Hooper
5. Jamar Loza
6. Luciano Becchio
7. Josh Murphy
8. Jacob Murphy

(Wolkswinkel out on loan)

Surely Becchio is available for a cheap price?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assume you didn't read the post.

Becchio must be available for a discount price, or on loan. Fairly decent strike rate in the champ for a mediocre side.
I bet they don't score twice+ more goals than us.
They certainly won't get twice+ more points than us.
But they will spend twice+ more money than us.

Oh and Becchio won't leave for half the money.

Other than that, great thread, crack on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A bit like Forest last season then. How did that work out for them?

I'll give you a clue - here's a clip that just about sums up Forest's season (and ours):

[yt]F4qx689TR44[/yt]

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I would think we will have 1 more by the end of the window. They may well have a couple less as well as 8 is stupid. Its all well and good having a competitive squad but if you over do it i think it can kill moral and i think Forest were victims of that last year

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Norwich might have 8 strikers on their books but they always seem to have a significant injury list too, otherwise it wouldn't surprise me to see Hooper and Becchio move on, especially now they have Jerome. They may have to resist big offers for Redmond too, especially having lost Snodgrass and Pilkington, however that would make Benno their first choice wide player.

Can't say that I'm all that impressed with Becchio, who seems to have gone backwards during his time at The Canaries. I'm sure a reasonable deal could be done but he doesn't feel like the solution for us.

Having watched Norwich at Carrow Road last Sat I noted that their forwards (Redmond, Lafferty and Grabban) mainly attack as a unit, and create a lot of chances, albeit Watford only had 10 men for 85 minutes. Taking that into account the contrast with CMS ploughing a lonely farrow for us on Tuesday night was still quite apparent.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
So, Norwich trailblaze the 1-1-8 formation. Wouldn't want to be in goal behind that!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Leeds have a similar number but seem to have gone for quantity it rather than quality. We only need one or two and I'm positive we'll get them in before the window shuts.

Last edited:

Canary

May 21, 2014
Right OK no we don't have eight strikers

We got Grabban, Hooper, Lafferty, Jerome and Loza. The Murphy's are wingers. Becchio will be sold/loaned out (as will Loza probably)

This is a weird thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here