Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motd @ 50

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
The Beeb is pretty full of itself about this at the mo and I suppose fair play to them, IMO they created a high standard with this prog.

But I'm really f-ed off that the Football League Show is on so-oo late that Prostate-Standers like me can't possibly watch it, i.e. too pissed or too tired/asleep.

The Beeb has, apparently, enough channels to screen some real shite, so anyone got any idea why it, (paid for by you and I) can't show TFLS at a reasonable hour??

(Soz if this has already been threaded, I searched but couldn't find.)

M

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Just catch-up on Monday after your afternoon nap on iplayer?

Fair point Luke - But I guess my point is that for me the football I really look forward to seeing on a Saturday night is the Championship, for me it takes precedence over the PL. Are Champ-dudes second-class citizens to the beeb? Could they not put FLS on BBC3 at 10.30?

Or is there a legal constraint forbidding the Beeb from being so...?

Interested to know...

luge

Dec 18, 2010
The Beeb is pretty full of itself about this at the mo and I suppose fair play to them, IMO they created a high standard with this prog.

But I'm really f-ed off that the Football League Show is on so-oo late that Prostate-Standers like me can't possibly watch it, i.e. too pissed or too tired/asleep.

The Beeb has, apparently, enough channels to screen some real shite, so anyone got any idea why it, (paid for by you and I) can't show TFLS at a reasonable hour??

(Soz if this has already been threaded, I searched but couldn't find.)

M

2 things:

1) The football league contract with the BBC states that it has to go on at this hour - they see it as a valuable slot, especially as there is catch up pretty much straight away on iPlayer.

2) It is not possible to broadcast the show any earlier, due to the amount of material coming into the show and the fact that it has to be packaged up. Sometimes, material is still being ingested as the show is about to go on air. (40 plus matches, coming from different regions. All of which need to be edited, checked, scripted and voiced).

There isn't really a slot available for a sunday show, and the viewing figures are surprisingly higher at 11:45 than a sunday morning.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
oh - and in regard to putting on another channel. No football would be allowed to clash with MoTD. Also BBC three as a channel will cease to exist very soon - it goes online only.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If it's on at the same tame as MOTD, it means people can't enjoy both on the same night. You could watch sky sports news for 'goals express' to see football league goals early.

D

Deleted member 18477

Watch MOTD and record football league show and watch it Sunday morning over breakfast unless Brighton have had a cracking result in which case I'll stay up.

If I've been out drinking which is rare these days then I'll watch both in the morning! Followed by Sunday Supplement on Sky sports.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
2 things:

1) The football league contract with the BBC states that it has to go on at this hour - they see it as a valuable slot, especially as there is catch up pretty much straight away on iPlayer.

2) It is not possible to broadcast the show any earlier, due to the amount of material coming into the show and the fact that it has to be packaged up. Sometimes, material is still being ingested as the show is about to go on air. (40 plus matches, coming from different regions. All of which need to be edited, checked, scripted and voiced).

There isn't really a slot available for a sunday show, and the viewing figures are surprisingly higher at 11:45 than a sunday morning.

Thanks Luge dude, you sound like a knowledgeable dude, so hats off etc. But I still think BBC could create a popular franchise with a 10.30 FLS, they might surprise themselves with the interest, albeit UK only....but then what else is on BBC3 at that time?!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I, like many other on here, enjoy watching MOTD so would not want it to clash (not that it ever would) with the FLS. And as someone stated, the BBC want every football fan to be watching ideally both shows, and not splitting the audience between MOTD and the FLS.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Get over it. It is obviously always going to behind the pecking order after MOTD. Just record the FL Show then. What's the big problem.

I don't Think MOTD can be shown much earlier contractually so not sure what your gripe is tbh

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Get over it. It is obviously always going to behind the pecking order after MOTD. Just record the FL Show then. What's the big problem.

I don't Think MOTD can be shown much earlier contractually so not sure what your gripe is tbh

This

Why would highlights from the second tier get equal billing with those from the top tier?

It's better watching the FL Show on iplayer or catch-up anyway - you can fast forward all the bollocks from Steve Claridge.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

To confirm the Football League Show will be repeated this season at 9am on BBC TWO on Sundays.
Match of the Day will be repeated on BBC ONE on Sundays at about 7.30/7.40am so if you wish you can watch the MOTD/FLS on Sunday mornings in full instead of the night before "at a reasonable hour"
There are also various iPlayer (it usually makes it onto the there overnight) /recording it options of course.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To confirm the Football League Show will be repeated this season at 9am on BBC TWO on Sundays.
Match of the Day will be repeated on BBC ONE on Sundays at about 7.30/7.40am so if you wish you can watch the MOTD/FLS on Sunday mornings in full instead of the night before "at a reasonable hour"
There are also various iPlayer (it usually makes it onto the there overnight) /recording it options of course.
Trouble is, the FL Show ain't on Iplayer this week - not on TV anyway. I complained to the BBC, and they just said it was available on Iplayer and gave me a URL - so I can watch it on my scuzzy little comp. screen, but not on TV - not good enough!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Trouble is, the FL Show ain't on Iplayer this week - not on TV anyway. I complained to the BBC, and they just said it was available on Iplayer and gave me a URL - so I can watch it on my scuzzy little comp. screen, but not on TV - not good enough!

Thats odd. I've got Sky and its available via iPlayer there and should be there a few hours after first broadcast.

Its available on your normal mobile/desktop via http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04fhhd2 too.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Nice touch that Barry Davies is going to commentate on their 50th anniversary weekend and at the ground where his Match of the Day commentary debut took place. Pity he's probably going to be calling a pig of a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here