Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
team-210814-l229-1851909_478x359.jpg

The official 2014-15 women's team photo
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:24 21st August 2014
by James Hilsum
If we keep the same attitude through the season then I’m confident we can achieve a lot."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women begin their league campaign on Sunday when they host Copsewood at the Sussex County FA's headquarters at Culver Road, 2pm kick-off.It will be James Marrs’s first competitive match in charge of the side and he feels the squad is in great shape ahead of the game.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The girls and I are really looking forward to it. Once that whistle gets going then we’re into the new season and the mood within the squad has been really positive so far.
“All the players have gelled really well in the few pre-season games we’ve had and it will be good to see how they deal with the pressure of a competitive game together as a unit.”
“Everyone is fighting for a place in the squad at the weekend.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Marrs is expecting a tough challenge from the newly-promoted Midland Combination champions, which will be the first of five consecutive home games for Albion, giving the squad a chance to get used to their new home.“It’s going to be really tough test. I’ve not seen them play with my own eyes, but I’ve acquired some notes on them and know they are going to be a physical and organised side.
“They had some really good results over pre-season, so we’re under no illusions as to how difficult the game will be.
“We’re happy to be playing our first five games are at home as it gives us a chance to get used to our home turf, but we will approach every game in this league with the same amount of respect and hard work.
“If we keep the same attitude through the season then I’m confident we can achieve a lot.”
Albion have three injuries going into Sunday’s game, with Danielle Carlton (knee), Vicky Ashton-Jones and Lisa Fulgence (shoulder) all ruled out.
Season ticket holders, on production of their card, and children under-16 can gain free entry to the match, while admission for adults is £3.
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here