Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Patrick Bamford stalling on loan move to Mboro

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Damn. Head to head with Boro again? He'd be a fantastic addition to our squad if we could pull this one off. If we get Vossen too, that would be 2-1 to the good guys!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was good for Derby last season, but there isn't anything in that article that says we are one of the two Championship clubs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He was good for Derby last season, but there isn't anything in that article that says we are one of the two Championship clubs.

One would assume Derby are one of those two teams. We are at least one striker short and with young Bamford's performance last season, I would hope we are at least considering him as an option.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I'd quite like Vossen aswell, however seems Genk holding ot for good money.

Jelle Vossen says he wants Genk to let him join Middlesbrough after they turned down a new bid from the Championship club.

Boro have a long-standing interest in the Belgium international striker having first made a move for him in the summer of 2013.

They returned with a €4million (£3.2m) bid over the weekend, but that was quickly rebuffed by Genk and the offer drew criticism from their chairman Herbert Houben.

Genk, who turned down €7million (£5.6m) from Russian club Rubin Kazan in January, want closer to €10million (£7.9m) for their captain, but the player is far from happy with the club's stance and wants them to let him leave.

"I'm bitterly disappointed at what Genk's president said. He gave the impression it's all about the money. I'd expected some more respect," Vossen told Het Belang van Limburg.

"In January, Rubin Kazan had offered Genk seven million plus add-ons. Genk rejected it and I didn't make a war. We've made the agreement that if there was a good bid in the summer, I would be allowed to go.

"We put an amount on paper and I must admit it's higher than four million [which Middlesbrough offered], but there was that promise. It's a shame they don't want to fulfil it.

"Four million is a good amount for a Belgian striker, and the add-ons aren't included. If they're waiting for a bid of seven million, they could be waiting for a long time. Certainly after last season. I've lost my place in the World Cup squad and we aren't even playing in the Europa League. I'm ready for a transfer abroad and I would find Middlesbrough a good challenge."

Brighton woulod be a better challenge in my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure we should go head to head with Boro again. They will almost certainly pay more than us and the player will choose them. This is assuming that we are even interested, which I kind of hope we are.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Fact is we keep having names bandied around, I guess about 20-30 this last few months, we have signed none of them. I think I'm right in stating that all of the signings we have actually completed were unconsidered by us prior to their signing because TB had as usual kept his cards close to his chest. As infuriating as it is to us impatient supporters, we know he does it for good reason. :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely Forest are still in desperate need of strikers?

He's just what we need to be honest. Gets a lot of goals because he always makes the keeper work, great shooting accuracy, natural goalscorer. Much better than Baldock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here