Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten days left to vacuum up a powerful cleaner

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Anyone wanting to buy a powerful vacuum cleaner has only 10 days left to be certain of getting one - following new EU rules that come in next month.

From 1 September, companies in the EU will be banned from making or importing vacuum cleaners above 1600 watts.

The rules will get even tougher in three years' time.

From 1 September 2017, all vacuum cleaners will have to be less than 900w."

:eek:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Geez - if I hadn't already seen this story on the BBC website I'd have thought it was a wind up! Oh well, another unwanted dictat from Brussels.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I hope we can get a big, powerful vacuum cleaner in before the window closes.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"Anyone wanting to buy a powerful vacuum cleaner has only 10 days left to be certain of getting one - following new EU rules that come in next month.

From 1 September, companies in the EU will be banned from making or importing vacuum cleaners above 1600 watts.

The rules will get even tougher in three years' time.

From 1 September 2017, all vacuum cleaners will have to be less than 900w."

:eek:

This may not be as bad as you are thinking

sometimes the wattage does not always significantly affect the suction power at the end of the tube (w),Airflow (l/sec) or Vacuum at nozzle (kPa).

higher wattage is usually always significant however with Sound pressure level (dB(A) BS 5415) and Sound power level (dB(A) IEC 704)

Hope this helps

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

sometimes the wattage does not always significantly affect the suction power at the end of the tube (w),Airflow (l/sec) or Vacuum at nozzle (kPa).

higher wattage is usually always significant however with Sound pressure level (dB(A) BS 5415) and Sound power level (dB(A) IEC 704)

Hope this helps

You helped confuse me more

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Hope this helps

Nope not a clue!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here