Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The New Yellow Orange?

el punal

After the disappointing performance against Birmingham, where we wore the red/black strip, what was the reasoning behind wearing the third strip (orange) at Leeds?

Could it be that, being an evening game, that the players could pick each other out more easily and therefore be more accurate and incisive, or, is this just a marketing ploy to push sales of the orange kit?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
I think the accepted position is that it was easier to take both the away and 3rd kits for the two matches than wash all the red/black away kit whilst travelling.

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
I wonder what colour shorts we will wear away at the likes of Fulham and Derby? Begs the question, why do the away and third strips have black shorts and socks? Surely an all orange kit would have made more sense.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I wonder what colour shorts we will wear away at the likes of Fulham and Derby? Begs the question, why do the away and third strips have black shorts and socks? Surely an all orange kit would have made more sense.

We would also have looked like the Dutch national team, which to my mind is no bad thing.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Doris in the laundry was on her annual summer hols on Skeggy and her number two was on a 'sickie' so this was the only clean away kit on the night, so my covert Club sources tell me.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Didn't help in the friendly versus Southampton!

Think it should be called the "Tango" kit.

Leeds were well and truly "Tangoed" the other night :albion2:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Didn't help in the friendly versus Southampton!

Think it should be called the "Tango" kit.

Leeds were well and truly "Tangoed" the other night :albion2:

We're not Blackpool. And you need to update your signature!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here