Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Man United HEADING for the WILDERNESS ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Paul Scholes who seems to have become one of the best of the new pundits reckons Man United are FINNISH and heading for football's wilderness and a life without Champions League football.

Whatever people think about the strength of English football it goes to show how certain owners can RUIN a club and Fergie papered over the cracks, Moyes couldn't and Van Gaal has a MASSIVE job to LIFT them back into the top 4.

It's like Liverpool 20 years ago, knocked off their perch by Man U and now they have had the same to done to them. I doubt anyone other than Man U fans will be SAD and the Glazers sure to cop some flak if things carry on deteriorating.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Yes and am so looking forward to them finishing outside the top 6 for years to come and watch the Glaziers empire crumble.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was reading somewhere recently that the Glazers have personally taken 75 million out of the club to date. Does it really matter to them if the empire crumbles?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The spending Chelsea and ManC do, make it hard for the others.
Fergie subtly abandoned the youth set-up to an extent with the rise of Arsenal and Chelsea. Breaking transfer records TO BUY IN Ferdinand, Veron, Rooney, and spending fortunes in real-terms at the time on Stam, Yorke, Cole, Van Nistelrooy, Anderson, Nani, ...... to break Wenger and Mourinho.
They will never have that near-monopoly on attracting the best again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unless they spend £80m on transfers to improve the squad they won't have the depth to finish in the top 6

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I was reading somewhere recently that the Glazers have personally taken 75 million out of the club to date. Does it really matter to them if the empire crumbles?

Probably not as they'll just walk away having pocket about £130m. They don't care as they'll walk away laughing leaving Man U with massive debts.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No I don't think they are finished, It was a shock to see lose to Swansea, but over the course of the season I am sure they will Run Arsenal and Liverpool close for 4th.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Liverpool bounced after a few bad-for-them years... I don't think any of us will live to see them -- ManU, or Liverpool -- in a lower league.

Last edited:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
This season is absolutely critical for them. A club of United's stature can afford one season out of the Champions League but not two. First and foremost the financial situation would be grave. But secondly, and arguably even more important, is losing that ability to attract the worlds best. Some players might just about be open to a one year absence from champions league football. However if they fail to make the top four again very few will be open to such advances.

The worrying thing for United as it stands is they are light years behind the standard of City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Some might argue that they are weaker than the likes of Spurs and Everton. This must be a sobering thought for United fans.

Personally I'm loving watching there demise.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
The older NSC'ers on here will remember when Manure were relegated from the old 1st division. That was a bit of shock to football at the time.

I would love it, just love it, if it happened again.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The older NSC'ers on here will remember when Manure were relegated from the old 1st division. That was a bit of shock to football at the time.

I would love, just love it, if it happened again.

Alright Kevin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here