Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry returning to Ricoh

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good luck to them. A farce that they ever left there in the first place.

Then Sky go and burst the bubble somewhat by announcing that the homecoming match against Gillingham will be live on the box on the Friday night.
I'm very happy for Coventry. Drove past the stadium the other day and felt a great deal of sympathy. We have a fair bit in common with those lads.

I would still think that it'll be a capacity crowd even with sky getting in on the act.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
That's good news. No championship games that weekend. How about a mini-FansUnited at Coventry???

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I still feel sorry for Coventry. It strikes me that without ownership of their stadium, they will struggle to find their way back up the leagues. This is one of the many reasons that they were planning at one stage to build another stadium on the outskirts of Coventry.

I'm not convinced we have seen the last of this saga.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The only team not to have finished in the top 6 of any division in the last 40 years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The only team not to have finished in the top 6 of any division in the last 40 years.

Bloody hell. That is such an amazing stat I initially thought what a load of old bollox and had to go and look it up.

My apologies for doubting you - absolutely correct.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is it all down to the detective work of an NSC'er who revealed on Radio Coventry exactly what the Coventry owners were up to?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Spent many Saturdays at Highfield Road while at Warwick (Coventry) Uni. Good club Coventry with some very funny supporters (you have to have a sense of humour to live in Cov). They also appear to have mobilised themselves Albion-style to put pressure on both sides over the past 12 months. Chuffed for them and the City.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Their fans still seem very polarised if the comments are anything to go by.

But surely being back in Coventry is a start. I used to love Highfield Road - maybe they should never have left.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here