The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So Sami was 100% correct. Buckley sulked 'til he got his move.

What a bellend.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He may as well have just said "I'm a sulker, totally unprofessional and not a good person to have around if I don't get my own way"....we are well shot of him.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Buckley mentions that Brighton pulled called the deal off on the last day. Is that when the Conway deal fell apart (due to Oscar's delay in deciding)?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Buckley mentions that Brighton pulled called the deal off on the last day. Is that when the Conway deal fell apart (due to Oscar's delay in deciding)?

I heard at the very end of that window, that Buckley was leaving IF we secured his replacement.

At the time, I think the proposed replacement was the young lad at Orient (who moved to Brentford in the summer).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He may as well have just said "I'm a sulker, totally unprofessional and not a good person to have around if I don't get my own way"....we are well shot of him.

I might not have put it quite like that, but given his performances in 2014, I can't disagree with the sentiment. You have to wonder now how many times he was actually injured, or whether he just didn't fancy it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Ungentlemanly. A shame he couldn't get the feeling inside to give us enough. I still wish him most of the best though, for a few memories i'll treasure for always. As i say, most - *begrudging gland swells*

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yet another player who moves to Sunderland who (as far as I know) doesn't say anything about the Albion, or the fans, etc, as is pretty common nowadays. Not saying an article in their local paper is the best place for it, but contrast his reaction with that of Ulloa, for example, and is shows the difference in class.

It's pretty disappointing for a professional to not do their job properly because they've missed out on a 'promotion'. Poor form and, if I didn't know better, a certain ex-manager might have put him up to it. Bridcutt all over again...

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Loads about his desire to play in the Premier League - and how much he wished for a move to Sunderland.

Absolutely no mention of the Albion medical team - or the patience and support of the club and its fans during this 'difficult' period.

He's effectively saying (despite his generous salary) he couldn't really get up for Brighton's promotion push because he wanted to be at Sunderland.

Idiot.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
oh well
he has gone now.......probably for the best .......time to move on.

Will Buckley and that opening game at the Amex will remain with me for a long time

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Quite surprising to hear a professional admit that they were... er... unprofessional. Let's not mince words because that is exactly what it is. It's often said that we shouldn't expect loyalty from players, as football is their job and who wouldn't switch jobs for a considerable pay hike? Fair enough but that cuts both ways. As it is a job then it is reasonable to expect a player to be fully committed to a club while they are paying the wages. How would it wash if I said to my boss "I'm sorry I frazzled the quarterly audit but my head was turned by a position at the cheese counter in my local Waitrose"?

It seems there's not even any debate. We're well shot of him and £2.5 millions is good money.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Not to sound negative. But **** him. The fans always supported him whist he was here. Another arse clown to add to the list. Excuse my French there lads and lasses.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In many ways this makes it a lot easier for us, as Brighton fans to get closure on the Buckley departure.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Class player on his day, but that day only come a few times a season.

I lost all respect for Buckley during the play off semi final.

For a player to go down holding his hamstring, only to carry playing in the second half, showed to me what a weak minded soft in the head man he was.

Just the sort of person an egotistical maniac like Poyet would love to have sucking up to him.

Too get £2.5m for a player like this, all I can say is , and I never thought I'd say it, THANKS GUS!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here