Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cracking pics from the 70/80

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
I notice the old bill are giving people sly digs in a lot of em. Nothing changes in 40 years. RIP Ian Tomlinson.

I shared the pics for the forum, didnt want to start a thread about the lack of justice served on violent police officers (although there is a debate to be had there)

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I shared the pics for the forum, didnt want to start a thread about the lack of justice served on violent police officers (although there is a debate to be had there)

No debate to be had, the police bullied a bloke to death for walking past them, then got off scott free. Everyone having a pop at the American police state but we are no better. Jean Charles De Menezes another good example, murdered by the police for being a bit brown. Any charges? Was there ****! #policestate

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Thats a great website,.... enjoyed browsing through some of the links on those pages,.... the hooligan stuff brings back memories for sure,..... flares and long hair, god we were cool in those days,...... or maybe not.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Christ, that brings it all back. Great days on the terraces but sometimes you were in fear of your life just for going to watch Football.

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Christ, that brings it all back. Great days on the terraces but sometimes you were in fear of your life just for going to watch Football.

Was it that bad back then?

Sounds nutty

The casual movement went on from 81ish onwards

before then was is just bash anyone who is not your club lol

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Sounds nutty

It was madness, pay on the gate terraces, away fans going in home ends, no cctv, old bill outnumbered and untrained, ..... yes it was a fearsome exercise going to some football grounds, or playing some teams. Travelling to games, london underground, cross country trains, all scary stuff...... but we loved the rush.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It was madness, pay on the gate terraces, away fans going in home ends, no cctv, old bill outnumbered and untrained, ..... yes it was a fearsome exercise going to some football grounds, or playing some teams. Travelling to games, london underground, cross country trains, all scary stuff...... but we loved the rush.

i went to maine road in the Kippax mid 70`s to watch City and Liverpool,was a bit young/naive(well i was still in single digits) and thought all the fans mixed was a recipe for a bad dust up.

cue 90 mins of utter carnage and scrapping,weapons everywhere,bedlam outside,saw a horse stabbed in the face

didnt really put me off footy to be honest,thought it was the norm for a big game.

cant believe how mental it was compared to today

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The size of that fat copper outside Brisbane Road. Would he be allowed in today's force?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

Sounds nutty

More or less, yes. Whole terrace loads of people laying into one another, regardless of who was around. Hence few children, women, older people, ethnic minorities.

Anyone who wants a return to those days should be certified.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Arsenal versus Man United 1973, the third picture that was my first ever game of football, a family friend had a spare ticket and took me it was carnage. Full pitch invasion at half time from both ends resulting in mayhem what an introduction to live football.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No debate to be had, the police bullied a bloke to death for walking past them, then got off scott free. Everyone having a pop at the American police state but we are no better. Jean Charles De Menezes another good example, murdered by the police for being a bit brown. Any charges? Was there ****! #policestate

Stupid comment but then it's clear you have an agenda! Perhaps we should do away with the police and live in a state of anarchy.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Stupid comment but then it's clear you have an agenda! Perhaps we should do away with the police and live in a state of anarchy.

No I would not want to do away with the police, I would just prefer them to be legitimate public servants who are paid to protect and serve instead of bully and intimidate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But the way you describe it, everyone who is 'a bit brown' will get shot by the Police.

No I would not want to do away with the police, I would just prefer them to be legitimate public servants who are paid to protect and serve instead of bully and intimidate.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
But the way you describe it, everyone who is 'a bit brown' will get shot by the Police.

Hmmm not sure I am there. I was saying the reason that poor facker got shot 6 times in the cannister was because he was a mixed race bloke running for his tube. Obviously it was mistaken identity, however no charges were brought against those responsible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here