Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst state you've been in due to substance abuse

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Christmas 2009 and it's the height of the meow craze. A gram costs about a fiver online and about a tenner on the street. Head out on a little pub crawl around the local pubs and wander into about our fourth boozer and I spot a bloke I know(ish) sitting in the corner with a blissful trance look on his face that means he is on something special. I wander over and ask for a tickle in exchange for a drink. He agrees and shoves a bag the size of a facking golf ball into my hand. I get him the drink and piss off to the bogs, where I promptly stick the note into the bag and deeply snort as much as is humanly possible...

I wander back to the geezer feeling nothing but a little bit queezy. I get another pint and head back to my pals. One of my besties notices that my face has gone a bit red and asks if I'm ok.......then all hell brakes loose in my brain. I look at him and his face transformed into a reverse 'have a nice day' smiley face (so the face is black with yellow eyes and mouth instead of vice versa), and everything in the background changed into a Spirograph. Needless to say I am now bricking it big style so with my last remnant of sanity I manage to say 'get me home mate...'

If anyone has seen the Wolf of Wall Street, will know about the 'cerebal palsy' phase of certain drugs. I was in this state for approximately the next 12 hours. During this time I attempted to eat one of my own feet. I called one of my best friends dad at around 2am to ask for help (he lives a good hour away). I left a message on one of my work colleagues voicemail saying goodbye as I am going to die tonight. During this time my brother (and a bird he had brought home) had to stay awake with me to make sure I didn't do anything to harm myself, or have a heart attack. Eventually I came too in my conservatory with the sun rising, and feeling a little bit worse for ware I managed to fall asleep only to have horrific nightmares. I felt like a zombie for the next week, and almost missed out on New Year.

Turns out the bag I snorted from contained a 50/50 mix of Meow and Ketamine. Since then I have never gone near either of these drugs. Lesson learned.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I once got in a right mess using airfix cement to make those plastic aeroplanes. Got it all over my fingers and on the fuselage.

Dec 29, 2011
Someone gives you a bag of powder and without knowing what's in it, you put it straight into your body? Sounds sensible. Good story though.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Plenty of ket stories, don't really want them on NSC though.

A good old k-hole is always character building, once you've made it through that nightmare the trivial day to day things from real life suddenly don't seem that difficult!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No one who was there remembers exactly what happened but it definitely involved the following:

A topless biker gang
My first tattoo
overdose of magic mushrooms
Lowenbrau
The Castle pub in Reigate
9 hours in A&E for me with a shotgun graze down my side inflicted by one of the bikers during horseplay
A plate of chicken being smashe repeatedly into my face.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Someone gives you a bag of powder and without knowing what's in it, you put it straight into your body? Sounds sensible. Good story though.

5 years ago mate in my wilder years. Around the same time me and a mate found a packet of white powder outside the Victoria pub in Portslade and sniffed half each. To this day I have no idea what it was. Learned my lesson after this little incident.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I drank OVER 4 pints once. I was really quite dizzy for a while. Never again.

Not me, but somebody I was with took one too many lsd tabs one night, I watched him take a bite out of the end of a brick wall and lose all his teeth.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I recall being in Fabric off my nut on pills in 2005. Thought i was treading water on the dancefloor. Everyone around me appeared to have an extra face on the back of their head. Tres bizarre.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Christmas 2009 and it's the height of the meow craze. A gram costs about a fiver online and about a tenner on the street. Head out on a little pub crawl around the local pubs and wander into about our fourth boozer and I spot a bloke I know(ish) sitting in the corner with a blissful trance look on his face that means he is on something special. I wander over and ask for a tickle in exchange for a drink. He agrees and shoves a bag the size of a facking golf ball into my hand. I get him the drink and piss off to the bogs, where I promptly stick the note into the bag and deeply snort as much as is humanly possible...

I wander back to the geezer feeling nothing but a little bit queezy. I get another pint and head back to my pals. One of my besties notices that my face has gone a bit red and asks if I'm ok.......then all hell brakes loose in my brain. I look at him and his face transformed into a reverse 'have a nice day' smiley face (so the face is black with yellow eyes and mouth instead of vice versa), and everything in the background changed into a Spirograph. Needless to say I am now bricking it big style so with my last remnant of sanity I manage to say 'get me home mate...'

If anyone has seen the Wolf of Wall Street, will know about the 'cerebal palsy' phase of certain drugs. I was in this state for approximately the next 12 hours. During this time I attempted to eat one of my own feet. I called one of my best friends dad at around 2am to ask for help (he lives a good hour away). I left a message on one of my work colleagues voicemail saying goodbye as I am going to die tonight. During this time my brother (and a bird he had brought home) had to stay awake with me to make sure I didn't do anything to harm myself, or have a heart attack. Eventually I came too in my conservatory with the sun rising, and feeling a little bit worse for ware I managed to fall asleep only to have horrific nightmares. I felt like a zombie for the next week, and almost missed out on New Year.

Turns out the bag I snorted from contained a 50/50 mix of Meow and Ketamine. Since then I have never gone near either of these drugs. Lesson learned.

Mother ****er. top story, that would scare the shit out of me. Amate if mine recently snorted a huge line of mandy after getting the two bags confused, this was about 4 and everyone was winding down, safe to say he didnt get much sleep.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No one who was there remembers exactly what happened but it definitely involved the following:

A topless biker gang
My first tattoo
overdose of magic mushrooms
Lowenbrau
The Castle pub in Reigate
9 hours in A&E for me with a shotgun graze down my side inflicted by one of the bikers during horseplay
A plate of chicken being smashe repeatedly into my face.

the mushrooms and A&E bit i can relate to around 1994

Last edited:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Who's boasting? If anything this tale is a bit of fable. The moral being don't mix your drugs.

More like don't touch drugs at all.
Not sure about the grown ups you know but I have had the most happy, un dull live imaginable, but never needed to take any drugs or substances to achieve same.
Probably why I never feel any sympathy for drug addicts or those that wish to take life and death risks with drugs.

However, each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here