Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T. Are Liverpool FC actually mentalists?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
According to SSN HQ HD:lolol: Liverpool are in talks with AC Milan over the possible signing of Mario Balotelli. Have they learned anything from Suarez, or do they have a clause that states they must have a nutcase in the team?
Shirley, they are asking for trouble, but at least we can all have a good laugh on a regular basis again :wrong:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What lesson are they supposed too have learnt? Had a great player for a few years, nearly won and unexpected title and then sold his for a huge profit that they cab use to rebuild the squad.

Thing is no-one expects footballers to behave well and apart from people loving the drama drummed up by the media nobody really gives a shit. The whole sorry sport is more rotten the higher up you go and we ask turn a blind eye.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If his mind is right, this would be fantastic for them. If his mind is right...

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
What lesson are they supposed too have learnt? Had a great player for a few years, nearly won and unexpected title and then sold his for a huge profit that they cab use to rebuild the squad.

Thing is no-one expects footballers to behave well and apart from people loving the drama drummed up by the media nobody really gives a shit. The whole sorry sport is more rotten the higher up you go and we ask turn a blind eye.

It worked for them financially in regards to Suarez, but it could've all gone wrong. It is high risk signing these unhinged me, me, me players! It could work for them, all I am saying is:-
Once bitten it is time to get out of the kitchen, or something.
I think, despite his obvious talent Balotelli is a ticking time-bomb, imagine ten Leon Knight's crammed inside one man!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Balotelli is one of the most over rated players in world football

His 30 in 54 goal scoring stats for Milan (as well as other teams) would suggest he is one of the best strikers around. Why anyone would want him in their team though is beyond me. If I worked for Liverpool's PR team, I'd be handing in my notice pretty quickly!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like him, yes he cocks up a lot but its hardly Suarez grade. yes, i think Liverpool do need character in their team, and with the small chip on his shoulder he'll get along brilliantly with Liverpool fans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
He didn't do a lot wrong in the World Cup.

He didn't get much of a chance!

At 17m? That's 5m more than Shane Long . . . .

Put like that it seems like a no brainer. It is also about two Ulloa's! What are they waiting for?
Although I wouldn't want the young players at my club learning from him. If his attitude problem can't be ironed out, his negative influence in the dressing room and on the training pitch will counter the apparent bargain basement price!

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

What ever the benefits of having Suarez at the club were, Liverpool damaged their reputation beyond repair. Because of Suarez they will always be a club that supported a player who was banned for violence and racism. They nailed their colours to the mast and saying that world cup was the final straw isn't good enough, they're way way too late to come out of it with any credit. People may say it was good business, others will say that was the price for selling the soul of their club.

So what lesson should they have learnt? Maybe you're right, for a club that stood on the side of racism and violent behaviour in exchange for a champions league spot and some cash, then maybe the lesson is just wasted on them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What ever the benefits of having Suarez at the club were, Liverpool damaged their reputation beyond repair. Because of Suarez they will always be a club that supported a player who was banned for violence and racism. They nailed their colours to the mast and saying that world cup was the final straw isn't good enough, they're way way too late to come out of it with any credit. People may say it was good business, others will say that was the price for selling the soul of their club.

So what lesson should they have learnt? Maybe you're right, for a club that stood on the side of racism and violent behaviour in exchange for a champions league spot and some cash, then maybe the lesson is just wasted on them.
All a bit over dramatic. I can't see that any of that will effect their bottom line.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Not sure many others share that view. Dalglish was released, part tactics, part over-protection of Suarez, but it's forgotten now. What I've read in the press is only sympathy for Liverpool. Suarez has come out of this as the villain, not Liverpool.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Not sure many others share that view. Dalglish was released, part tactics, part over-protection of Suarez, but it's forgotten now. What I've read in the press is only sympathy for Liverpool. Suarez has come out of this as the villain, not Liverpool.

Seee I don't understand how people have sympathy for Liverpool over this. They backed him over the racism, they backed him over the biting. You make you bed you lie in it. Like I say they nailed their colours to the mast, they knew what they were doing. I thought they were a disgrace at the time and I still think they are. The funny thing is I find who wins the premier league largely irrelevant, and all the bickering between managers. I genuinely didn't used to care who won it, but I find myself now thinking anyone as long as it's not Liverpool, purely becasue of their defence of Suarez.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Dalglish was replaced as the league results and finishing positioning simply weren't good enough.
Some (tabloid hacks) over dramatise and claim the Suarez-Evra thing and his defence of Suarez cost him his job.
Dalglish had stabilised the football side of things, after Hodgson had not only served up league AND cup defeats but with thoroughly boring football, with for the first time crowds attending taking a dip - an alarming sign.
Then the owners took an entirely new route with an up and coming younger manager Rodgers with new ideas.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
All overblown nonsense about morality and doing the right thing. Anyone who understands exactly what happened with Suarez will know that Liverpool didn't support a racist like the terrible rags peddled; all in order to sell more papers to the usual tits who love to lap all that rubbish up.

Rodgers has a track record of getting the best out of players with supposed attitude problems, and has been responsible for extracting the undoubted talent out of troubled players like Sturridge, Sterling and the aforementioned Suarez. Not forgetting they have Dr Steve Peters, one of the best psychologists in the world (the same man employed by the England football team at the World Cup and Team GB at the Olympics) and is well equipped to deal with misfit players. His arrival coincided with a better behaved Suarez, who if you remember, had a relatively trouble free year last year for Liverpool. It was only after he had been subjected to propaganda from the press over there and the quite frankly crazy pressure from the Uruguayan population, to whom he is a talisman, that he cracked.

In terms of Balotelli, it seems like the perfect move for both parties. A Balotelli who's right in the head is one hell of a player.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
All a bit over dramatic. I can't see that any of that will effect their bottom line.

I don't think it will effect them as a business, but they are a club who "pride" themselves on their anti racist stand and work they do. Whether it's Liverpool, another team, a company or an individual, if you say you believe in something such as anti racism and you support someone who was being racist because you've invested money in them, or because they represent an investment, you are essentially saying you value £ money over your principles, that is selling out. That is selling your soul. Just my opinion, and yeah it probably is a tiny proporption of people who feel that way. Sadly.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here