Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calderon-200814-l229-1847585_478x359.jpg

Inigo Calderon
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 21st August 2014
by James Hilsum
Over the two phases of the game we did really well and I’m very proud of the team"
Inigo Calderon

Inigo Calderon was proud of the way his Brighton & Hove Albion teammates bounced back from a difficult start to the season against Leeds United on Tuesday.
Calderon admitted that the squad put in a below-par performance at Birmingham last Saturday, but believes the first-half performance in particular at Elland Road was almost perfect.He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was exactly the same last year so it’s not a surprise. The first victory is always the most complicated and the most important.
“We had a bad game at Birmingham and didn’t perform as well as we can do.
“It wasn’t easy to go to Elland Road, at night when the crowd is always loud, but I think we put in a near-perfect performance in the first-half.
“In the second half we defended, so over the two phases of the game we did really well and I’m very proud of the team.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The Spaniard was also pleased with the way new signings, Danny Holla and Joao Teixeria have quickly adapted into the team and stressed how important it is to keep believing in Sami Hyypia’s system of play.“Sami has some good ideas. You need time but football doesn’t give you time to wait.
“We have to adapt quickly. We had players on Tuesday who’ve only been with us for a few days and they did really well. which is important.
"It’s really important to keep believing in the way Sami wants us to play.
“If we play at our best level, we have massive chances to win in every single game.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here