Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] BENNETT: ALBION'S STYLE RIGHT FOR ME

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

New signing Joe Bennett says that Brighton & Hove Albion's style of play convinced him to make the loan switch from Aston Villa and now he is relishing the prospect of running out at the Amex.Left-back Bennett was wanted by a number of Championship clubs, but Albion secured the 24-year-old former England under-21 international, who was an impressed spectator at Elland Road on Tuesday night.*
Bennett told seagulls.co.uk, "I played against Brighton before in my time at Middlesbrough, and they pass the ball really well. They have got a good set of lads, and a good set of players.
"I went to watch them against Leeds and I think that made me realise what a good team they were. Hopefully I can fit into that.
"The boys kept the ball really well, from the back to the front. They defended well, they looked like they had a lot of energy.
"They like to go forward, especially the full-backs, which is part of my game: I like to go forward and get involved a bit more up the pitch, so that was nice to see.
"I spoke to the manager and he told me a bit about how he likes the team to play and how I could fit into that."
"At 24 he has a good deal of experience, both in the Championship with Middlesbrough and in the Premier League with Aston Villa, and that too is key."

Bennett has spent the last two seasons with Aston Villa in the Premier League, but spent the three previous seasons with Middlesbrough in the Championship and knows what to expect.
"It’s a tough league. You never know what team’s going to turn up and who’s going to win.
"Looking at the performance last night, I know Brighton have not made the best start, but I believe they are going to be up there at the end of the season challenging to get promoted.
"I’m looking forward to playing at the Amex, I’ve played at the stadium before so I know that’s really nice.
"I’m training on Friday and we will see how it goes and see if the manager puts me in the team. If he does I’ll give it 110% and hopefully I can help the team do well."
p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here