Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Placebo (the band)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yes a few times , get yourself down there, great band.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Seen them about 20 times, excellent live, good back catalogue and have done a few excellent covers too live (Running up that hill, Where is my mind, Johnnie and Mary etc)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Good to hear, as they sound terrible on all their albums and videos

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
One of my favourite bands overall, although I've not heard or seen them much recently.
Have got their first four albums (absolutely brilliant) and saw them in Bristol a couple of times a few years ago; very good live - loads of energy.
And as El Presidente says, they do slip in some great cover versions now and then.
Well worth going, I'd say.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Peter and the Test Tube Babies
November 1st - Toronto - Hard Luck Bar
PuNK roCK and Seagulls fans. Whats not to like???

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Go. We saw them back in the day at Metro Perth touring Without You I'm Nothing and they rocked, pretty impressive for a 3 piece. My wife saw them this year at Soundwave (an outdoor one day festival) back in March and reckoned they were just as good.....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I wasn't that impressed when I saw them live, but I think that was largely because it was at the O2 and its a shit place to see live music.

Other than that, definitely worth it - an awesome band with a brilliant back catalogue.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I saw them a number of times when they first came around and they were excellent live. Lost touch with them for the last 10 or so years but I'd imagine they are still pretty good.

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
I saw them at Brixton in 96 when they first came on the scene and they were very good - My ears now are not so good.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not my cup of tea. However there is a you tube of Placebo with David Bowie singing T Rex's 20th century boy and it is brilliant so I guess I have buried my head in the sand by not listening to other songs by Placebo just because I am quite narrow minded when it comes to my choice of music.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20230803-182116~2.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here