Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC polls: a suggestion

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I thought it would be quite interesting when looking at discussions to sometimes review a poster's history on a subject. I imagine it will be interesting to see how many people flip on issues, or whether some really do believe Tony Bloom is taking this club down the pan.

Many of us regularly vote on issues on this site - is there however a way to capture and display historical voting?
For example, what got me thinking about this was the type of thing that you can see about your MP:
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham

I think it would be quite interesting to see how people's views change over time.
Frankly over time I'd imagine you could actually develop quite an interesting profile of Albion fans through such an exercise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I proposed (or, at least I think I did) something similar in the past - a sort of finger on the pulse of Albion fans (to the ones that use NSC anyway) where, every week, a series of polls are posted that look to rate the Albion on a series of factors and the results are used to chart fan sentiment and how it changes. I think it would be quite interesting, although I suspect results on the pitch would have a massive influence.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I proposed (or, at least I think I did) something similar in the past - a sort of finger on the pulse of Albion fans (to the ones that use NSC anyway) where, every week, a series of polls are posted that look to rate the Albion on a series of factors and the results are used to chart fan sentiment and how it changes. I think it would be quite interesting, although I suspect results on the pitch would have a massive influence.

stop proposing it and pretending you thought of it first, an just do it(nike paid me for that).
it would be interesting; and good, free feedback for the firm.
and yes, results will be a factor:D

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I would love it if something along these lines was to be introduced. Individual's voting habitats could be set to private if the poster so wished but the collective results could be displayed. It'll be great to see the day in, day out switch from wrist slitting despair to sunshine walking euphoria displayed as a pie chart :D

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I thought it would be quite interesting when looking at discussions to sometimes review a poster's history on a subject. I imagine it will be interesting to see how many people flip on issues, or whether some really do believe Tony Bloom is taking this club down the pan.

Many of us regularly vote on issues on this site - is there however a way to capture and display historical voting?
For example, what got me thinking about this was the type of thing that you can see about your MP:
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham

I think it would be quite interesting to see how people's views change over time.
Frankly over time I'd imagine you could actually develop quite an interesting profile of Albion fans through such an exercise.

That MP website is superb. Nice one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here