Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
beamback-200814-l229-1847384_478x359.jpg

The Leeds beamback was a great success
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
20:10 20th August 2014
by James Hilsum
I hope that the club can do this on a regular basis because there will be a huge turnout every time"
Adam Virgo

The beamback of Brighton & Hove Albion’s match against Leeds United last was a resounding success last night, as 300 supporters packed the Heineken Lounge to see Sami Hyypia's first win as manager.A fibre-optic network that will eventually link all club stadiums will enable Albion fans, along with supporters of Derby County and Bournemouth, to benefit from trial matches this season.
Last night’s game was the first of three scheduled trial matches, as supporters soaked up the brilliant atmosphere. All monies raised went to Sam Bevan, the 28-year-old daughter of Dick’s Bar manager Debs Lumley, who had been diagnosed with advanced cervical cancer and fans can still donate to fund her vital treatment here.
The teams were read out prior to kick-off by matchday presenter Richie Reynolds, with Albion legends Adam Virgo and Guy Butters also in attendance to mix with the fans.
Virgo praised the club for such a great initiative and believes it is particularly beneficial for fans who cannot afford to go on many of the long away trips.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s great and the club is so well-supported.“Fans can’t afford to go to every single away game. I hope that the club can do this on a regular basis because there will be a huge turnout every time.
“It shows how far the club has come in such a short space of time. These are great surroundings with so many TVs to watch the game on and it’s very comfortable.
“Everyone seems had a great time and it’s for a great cause. I’m married, my wife is 28 and I’ve got a three-year-old daughter, so it puts football and life into perspective."
Butters echoed his former teammate’s sentiments and hopes that this will be the first of many beamback nights at the Amex.
“It’s fantastic. There were so many people in the crowd watching the game and I would like to think it’s something the club can expand on in the future.
“The club has worked superbly to set all of this up and it obviously helps when the team has put in such a good performance as well.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here