Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We'd probably like to bring a right-back in wouldn't we?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Exactly what the title says.

I'd imagine we are looking to bring a young, pacy right back in as well. I'm not convinced Calderon or Bruno fit the marauding wingback type at this stage in their respective careers.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bruno and Calderon are perfectly ample RB options. There's no point getting another in, especially when you consider FFP implications.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I believe there is a thread about a irish player on here. We would seem to be targetting him along with a variety of premier league clubs

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Of course - the "Seamus Coleman" type. Looks like he'd be a fantastic bit of business at the prices being quoted.

Thanks for the reminder.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Bruno and Calderon are perfectly ample RB options. There's no point getting another in, especially when you consider FFP implications.

I like both in the system we played previously but really we need a couple of Mo Farrah's on either side to play the narrow formation it appears that SH seems to favour.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Both competent rb but not sure the Hypia style . Not immediately a problem though .

Agreed on not an immediate problem but seeing as we are probably only 1 striker off completing the essential business (as long as Bennett arrives) then I could see this being factored into this window, especially if someone is out there on loan/cheap.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
There is no problem now but especially with bruno's injury record we could have a problem in the future bearing in mind both their ages. A young right backs prospect would be a good signing, and I have faith that a suitable right back replacment is lined up for the future. For now though I am happy with our current options.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was thinking earlier right-wing back could be the perfect place for Ince's boundless enthusiasm if we're going to play more 'technical' players in central midfield

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seeing as Bruno may be in the process of being converted into a disgustingly cultured central midfielder (yes PLEASE!) we may well need a new young RB. Yeah.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Seeing as Bruno may be in the process of being converted into a disgustingly cultured central midfielder (yes PLEASE!) we may well need a new young RB. Yeah.

Pretty much this. If reports from Ireland are right, Lenihan is too good a player not to pick up, and he seems to fit the template for Sami's idea of a right back. Bruno looks good in midfield, and the cameo last night of Rohan Ince bursting forward like Yaya Toure was also immensely promising.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here