Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the 15 Million gone?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Ok ok were a selling club, most sides outside the top 4 in the Premiership are and even they lose their stars on occasion, but what really hacks me off is the fact that we've got 15 million or there abouts in players sold over the last 7 months, we've watched quality players disappear and simply aren't spending hardly any of it, doesn't seem quite right to me to be honest.

Are the club in that deep shi* that we simply cant afford it, did Gus know all along that it was a matter of months until we sold all the stars. If we are now consolidating and calming things down then why not tell us so? If that's the case then simply explain the situation to the fans in a diplomatic way. No the transfer window isn't shut and of course there is still time but realistically can you see us spunking 3-4 mill on a striker because I cant and can you see us bringing in a classy creative winger on 2-3 million because again, I cant!

Personally I think the club have ****ed up bigtime, didn't do the deals early enough, messed about and now are reaping those rewards of not doing things early enough, it's been a right royal **** up and I'm sorry but a couple of free transfers isn't enough.

All we are seeing is free transfers and loans and for a team who have the largest gates outside the premiership, up there with the most expensive season tickets and everything else that goes with it, I think we deserve at least an explanation from the club and not some politician style reply from slime ball Barber saying we are trying.

I think it's fair to say that we are now on our C list targets due to missing out on the main ones....

Am I the only one who thinks it isn't right we sell all the decent players, get in 15 million and replace them with a few loans and free transfers?

Also, new rule applies....if you intend on answering the thread with the words 'Bedwetter or some other boring **** pot answer like go support Chelsea, then save your fingers eh.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Oh I see, so if we think you're talking shite we can't answer? Great!

Please do answer, but in a normal way, not a boring sarcastic way which then all the sheep jump on and it all gets very dull very quickly. constructive opinions would be good if you disagree mate

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ok ok were a selling club, most sides outside the top 4 in the Premiership are and even they lose their stars on occasion, but what really hacks me off is the fact that we've got 15 million or there abouts in players sold over the last 7 months, we've watched quality players disappear and simply aren't spending hardly any of it, doesn't seem quite right to me to be honest.

Are the club in that deep shi* that we simply cant afford it, did Gus know all along that it was a matter of months until we sold all the stars. If we are now consolidating and calming things down then why not tell us so? If that's the case then simply explain the situation to the fans in a diplomatic way. No the transfer window isn't shut and of course there is still time but realistically can you see us spunking 3-4 mill on a striker because I cant and can you see us bringing in a classy creative winger on 2-3 million because again, I cant!

All we are seeing is free transfers and loans and for a team who have the largest gates outside the premiership, up there with the most expensive season tickets and everything else that goes with it, I think we deserve at least an explanation from the club and not some politician style reply from slime ball Barber saying we are trying.

I think it's fair to say that we are now on our C list targets due to missing out on the main ones....

Am I the only one who thinks it isn't right we sell all the decent players, get in 15 million and replace them with a few loans and free transfers?

Also, new rule applies....if you intend on answering the thread with the words 'Bedwetter or some other boring **** pot answer like go support Chelsea, then save your fingers eh.

So last night, our two best players on the field...oooh, a free transfer and a loan signing. Shall we put them back because we didn't spend a transfer fee on them?

Also, the club owe you **** all in terms of communication. The more they say, the higher chance there is of other clubs seeing this and either gazumping us on deals or upping their asking price on players. It's basic PR.

Have you actually read any of the threads over the past week? I mean read them, not just picked out the bits that seem to fit your agenda.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
byf1, have you ever started a thread that isn't a wind up?

21 million debt is the short answer.

Every club is in debt mate, doesn't mean you sell all the stars and replace them with less quality and therefore set yourselves back 2 years plus, that's bad business.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Personally I think the club have ****ed up bigtime, didn't do the deals early enough, messed about and now are reaping those rewards of not doing things early enough, it's been a right royal **** up and I'm sorry but a couple of free transfers isn't enough.

The Club is losing money every year, if we can get decent players in for little money, and sell them on in a couple of years for more money then that will help keep the club safe.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"Spend, spend, spend!!!"

Nah.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
It appears to me there a re a hell of a lot of fans either new or old that are happy whatever the club do, which is of course your prerogative.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I don't think has gone anywhere. But, if we can plan and buy carefully and then that 15 million can be used to pay down some debt, then that's good for the long-term interests of the club.

Let's wait and see how the season pans out. It's a marathon and not a sprint. By that I'm not just referring to this season, but to the next 5 years.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Every club is in debt mate, doesn't mean you sell all the stars and replace them with less quality and therefore set yourselves back 2 years plus, that's bad business.

Bad business is every club being in debt.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Buy low - sell High. I would suggest the bulk of our available transfer budget will go on a striker(or two) but supplementing it with free transfers and high quality loans is the way to go. Also in reality there is no such thing as a free transfer what with wages and agent fees and signing on fees.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

No, there were dozens of others that weren't happy (until last night) that also hadn't paid any attention to the last few summer windows - there'll be more players coming in the next 11 days, but why do we have to spend all the budget, when we're in debt?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I'm also a bit peeved that we've taken in around £10m from transfers and have spent nil.

However, it doesn't take a genius to identify that Bloom is keen on plugging the financial gaps from the past 3 seasons with the new income.

If we can bring just 1 more player with the ability of Tex-Mex and Holla at low/zero cost and reduce/clear last seasons debt before Xmas, that would be outstanding business by the board.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We have Made 15 million, I don't expect the club to re-investe that 15 million in full. in fact I would be happy if Potnetially 3-4 million of that was re-invested into the squad.

As long as we are competitive I am happy. Money spent doesn't mean anything. Forrest, Leicester and Cardiff have spunked money for years trying to get out of this division, it finally worked for the latter two but at what price for their clubs long term future?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It appears to me there a re a hell of a lot of fans either new or old that are happy whatever the club do, which is of course your prerogative.

Big money doesn't always equal success.

Some of our finest signings over the last few years have been (relatively) cheap and cheerful.

It's not a question, in my case, of being happy or unhappy, it is putting trust in the board and staff to progress. We've not done too badly over the last few years. I'm willing to wait until they admit defeat and say we don't have the resources to progress to the next stage.

Of course, it is a bugger to lose someone like Ulloa or miss out on Ward, but I'm certain we are working hard on replacements.

We do not appear willing to throw pots of money about to convince someone to ignore all other offers and sign instantly. That's nothing new.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure being in debt (and paying interest, overdraft fees, whatever) is worse business than restructuring the business in light of new legislation.

A lot of our most successful players from the most recent seasons have been loans and free transfers (Bridcutt, Bridge, Upson, Ward, PIG, Vicente (sort of)), so why should the club suddenly go out and spend a load of money when the quality players are out there, it is just a case of searching for them? Plus the fact that "selling our best players" seems to have been pretty fruitful, and if Holla is, as suggested, rumoured to be worth £2.5 million, and we picked him up for nothing, there is more potential profit.

The aim of any business is to make a profit. To that end, the club is doing pretty well in 2014 :thumbsup:

You mention about C-list targets. Out of interest, who were the A- and B-listers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here