Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am F********

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Yes I'm not very old shut up.

Why do they release GCSE Grade boundaries before they give you your results, I just read them and I don't think I'll be okay, ahhh ahhh ahhh
why do they make you get so worked up about a piece of paper with some letters on it ffs!

:( :(

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suspect it might be something to do with A level results.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
3239390f_DrEvil-Riiight.jpeg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is F******** i new grading for REALLY thick people? :dunce:

Maybe it's now un-PC to say "You've failed", so instead they get the polar opposite to an A*? :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I really wouldn't let it worry you until you get the results. Also, once you've started working qualifications like GCSEs become irrelevant. There's far too much emphasis on passing exams in this country's education system.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Why do they release GCSE Grade boundaries before they give you your results, I just read them and I don't think I'll be okay, ahhh ahhh ahhh
why do they make you get so worked up about a piece of paper with some letters on it ffs!

I know what an F is, but what is an S ?

is an F* better or worse than a regular F?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How many do you need to get into Sixth Form? GCSE's mean shit, if you scrape through and get what you need, buck up your ideas for your A-Levels.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As other posters have said, don't worry too much about GCSEs. In my experience, they were handy for getting me into Sixth Form and enabling me to study the subjects that I wanted. Universities and/or employers will be much more interested in your A-Level results, if you go down that route.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't try and second guess your results before you get them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many do you need to get into Sixth Form? GCSE's mean shit, if you scrape through and get what you need, buck up your ideas for your A-Levels.

Yes and no.

I agree that once you are on your chosen A-level course, the GCSE results become irrelevant*, in much the way that the A-level results themselves become irrelevant if you then go on to do a degree.

*BUT - Maths and English. Apart from the fact you probably need them to get onto your A-level course, they are important in their own right.

From a recruitment point of view, if we were taking on a youngster, and they had the type of A-levels we expected, we wouldn't go near them if they'd failed to get a decent pass (A-C) in CGSE Maths / English.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutely the best of luck [MENTION=28761]carteater[/MENTION]. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for these results (including my own son).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes and no.

I agree that once you are on your chosen A-level course, the GCSE results become irrelevant*, in much the way that the A-level results themselves become irrelevant if you then go on to do a degree.

*BUT - Maths and English. Apart from the fact you probably need them to get onto your A-level course, they are important in their own right.

From a recruitment point of view, if we were taking on a youngster, and they had the type of A-levels we expected, we wouldn't go near them if they'd failed to get a decent pass (A-C) in CGSE Maths / English.

Fair point, I completely ****ed up my GCSE's 12 years ago, the World Cup was on and I was sure I had the grades in the bag. I walked away with the shitest GCSE results we are talking literally a couple of pass grades, sorted things out with the sixth form, dropped an A-Level and had to retake English. I learnt my lesson and Left with Alright results.

Dont worry about it, at worst you will have to re-sit a year at sixth form, now if there was a year of my life I'd like to relive it would be my last year of Sixth form, turning 18 birds everywhere IDEAL.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Fair point, I completely ****ed up my GCSE's 12 years ago, the World Cup was on and I was sure I had the grades in the bag. I walked away with the shitest GCSE results we are talking literally a couple of pass grades, sorted things out with the sixth form, dropped an A-Level and had to retake English. I learnt my lesson and Left with Alright results.

Dont worry about it, at worst you will have to re-sit a year at sixth form, now if there was a year of my life I'd like to relive it would be my last year of Sixth form, turning 18 birds everywhere IDEAL.

Pretty much this - my GCSE grades weren't the best, but I still somehow got accepted into my A Levels...did ok in them, but I did retake Maths in 6th form to bump my grade up...failed miserably at doing so, mainly as the increased freedom that 6th Form brings you meant that I didn't do that much work...but became very good at Goldeneye (we had an N64 in our common room).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here