Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March's back pain

L

litmanen

Help me understand why he can't play. I have back pain myself, (upper back while he has lower back pain, but still) and i have been visiting a doctor too and i have had acupuncture too just like he has, but i could very well play football despite the back pain. I mean, it's not like Solly is just resting in his bed now 24/7. Im sure he can walk and drive wherever he want's and i don't understand how running for 90 minutes could make his back go worse. You would imagine that he should only try to avoid sitting in the wrong way. Help me understand this.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Its not just running though is it, one bad fall and he could exacerbate the situation. I'd rather he took his time and only played when 100% than risking picking up a long term injury.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Help me understand why he can't play. I have back pain myself, (upper back while he has lower back pain, but still) and i have been visiting a doctor too and i have had acupuncture too just like he has, but i could very well play football despite the back pain. I mean, it's not like Solly is just resting in his bed now 24/7. Im sure he can walk and drive wherever he want's and i don't understand how running for 90 minutes could make his back go worse. You would imagine that he should only try to avoid sitting in the wrong way. Help me understand this.

Was playing football your livelihood

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I don't think 'back pain' is a specific injury. I'd imagine it covers many different types / levels od complaint.

With March I'd imagine its not that serious, but they don't want to risk rushing him, and risking his full long term fitness.

(That or he's fully fit and training with Southampton :jester: )

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
I regret that it is Southampton rather than a bad back which is preventing him play. He will be gone by 1st September.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, and what about all those players with hamstring pain, they should just man up & crack on too. As for Crofts and all that time he sacked off last season with "knee pain", pffft.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
When I injured my back in my early 20s I couldn't walk for three weeks, let alone play bloody football. There's back pain suffered by everyone who's never really had back pain, and then there's back pain suffered by everyone who has. The former have no clue what the latter endure; hence posts from people suggesting that a bit of ralgex and a paracetamol should snap them out of it. As for not understanding how running could make it worse... well, be grateful that you've never had real back pain.

Now, if you don't mind I shall get back on my cross and suffer a bit more.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

I have some limited experience of sports injuries [as I'm sure most of us have] and I have to say this is one of the most ridiculous things I've every read on NSC - and there's been some .....

With elite sport, you want you athletes to be at their very best [physical, tactical, mental, technical] - if they ain't 100% and you have better options, you hold them back until they are and play your options. We don't even know if his injury is muscular or skeletal FFS.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Hilarious.

Yes, it really is that simple.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here