Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Coe. Palace chief scout defects to the Albion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saw that.

The upheaval at Crystal palace includes ambitious chief scout Tim Coe leaving Selhurst Park to join Championship club Brighton, who have revamped their scouting operation. It is understood Coe is looking for more day to day involvement than he was given under Tony Pulis. Coe, 28, was the youngest chief scout in the Premier League last season, and combined those duties with qualifying to be a solicitor.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
28 seems a bit young for a scout to me. You almost expect them to be middle aged.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's hope he wasn't the one responsible for identifying the 15 misfits Holloway signed in August!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
28 seems a bit young for a scout to me. You almost expect them to be middle aged.

28 seems a bit old, my Son's 11 and the oldest I've seen there is 16!:lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Where does the legal degree come into it as a football scout, exactly?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The parks are full of wannabe scouts every Sunday morning, unfortunately most are just recruiting kids and over enthusiastic parents into paying for "advanced development". Simple lesson if it's costing you something it's NOT really a club scouting for your kids unbelievable talent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It doesn't really. He has been training to be a solicitor alongside his scouting activities.

Yeah, that's what I mean. If you want to be a solicitor, why are you pursuing jobs as a scout, is what I'm getting at?

Is he going to join us then quit in a couple of years to become a legal eagle (ugh!)?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, that's what I mean. If you want to be a solicitor, why are you pursuing jobs as a scout, is what I'm getting at?

Is he going to join us then quit in a couple of years to become a legal eagle (ugh!)?

Just READ the article, for goodness sake!

He was a player (at Reading) who's career ended at 20 through injury. So he went to college to study law.
While he was there studying Reading gave him a part-time job doing a bit of scouting (of opposition). That grew, and ultimately ended up as a full time career in football (but he wanted to finish the studies he'd started).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports