Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile in the US (Ferguson Missouri)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Suprised there has not been a thread about the situation in US. Police shot an unarmed black teenager last week. Since then there have been violent protests every night. The Police officer in question has been placed on administrative leave.

Sky News reporting this morning that a further person has been killed by Police last night (after robbing a convienence store). My initial thoughts are, is it normal for Police to shoot and kill two people in the same city in a week?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
From the stats I have seen, it could certainly be considered normal for a white policeman to shoot and kill a young black man. Apparently, too, no black policeman has ever shot an unarmed white man.

The USA - home of the free and the land of the brave.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Sky News reporting this morning that a further person has been killed by Police last night (after robbing a convienence store). My initial thoughts are, is it normal for Police to shoot and kill two people in the same city in a week?

BBC News reported the shooting due to the man in question approaching police wielding a knife.
Is this a separate incident?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Suprised there has not been a thread about the situation in US. Police shot an unarmed black teenager last week. Since then there have been violent protests every night. The Police officer in question has been placed on administrative leave.

Perhaps you should investigate the stories a little more before starting a thread? Perhaps include the facts that, out of respect of this young teenage thief, some members of his community consider looting as a way to honour him. Or that, it is alleged, the second fatality was due to the victim coming at Police with a knife. Now it would seem a disproportionate response by the Police and one wonders why they don't aim below the waist!!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Or that, it is alleged, the second fatality was due to the victim coming at Police with a knife.

That's what the police chief said, anyway. The police there also said they didn't use tear gas when they were, threatened to shoot someone who was filming everything and have been wearing masks and removed their badges so they can't be identified. I

I'll wait for verification from another source before accepting their version of events

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here