Yawn.

Oh, and YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Teixeira :clap:
Holla :clap:
JFC :clap:
Dunk :clap:
Greer :clap:
Chicksen :clap:

Travelling support (444 according to Darren Balkham): :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Principally for the 15 minute long continuous rendition of Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army in the first half (well done lads) but plenty of other old favourite songs too. You know the team's winning when the likes of Build A Bonfire get dusted off. Could probably have done without the Jimmy Savile songs by the way, gents, but other than that, great stuff.

Thanks to Leeds United for some excellent hospitality on and off the pitch, and for those who expressed concern: I can confirm the Love Bus made it safely back to Sussex after some mechanical trauma. Big relief.

Onwards & upwards :albion:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yawn.

Oh, and YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Teixeira :clap:
Holla :clap:
JFC :clap:
Dunk :clap:
Greer :clap:
Chicksen :clap:

Travelling support (444 according to Darren Balkham): :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Principally for the 15 minute long continuous rendition of Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army in the first half (well done lads) but plenty of other old favourite songs too. You know the team's winning when the likes of Build A Bonfire get dusted off. Could probably have done without the Jimmy Savile songs by the way, gents, but other than that, great stuff.

Thanks to Leeds United for some excellent hospitality on and off the pitch, and for those who expressed concern: I can confirm the Love Bus made it safely back to Sussex after some mechanical trauma. Big relief.

Onwards & upwards :albion:

Like.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
How do you away supporters do these mid week games. You ara all fantastic.

Some of us cheat and stay over.

BTW I had pre match beers in their version of Dick's Bar last night - Billy's Bar. And it was ok. Away fans welcome. Just like a normal place.

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
Great game last night. Got back to Falkirk at 1:30 am. Made up for the trip to Birmingham on Saturday.

Once we saw the line up after we bought a £39 ticket, thought we would be likely to lose 3 - 0 but the players were well up for it.

Holla looks the real deal but tired in the 2nd half as did the Liverpool lad. Foster-Caskey had one of his best games, playing further forward on the left & worked well with Chicksen.

Once Crofts & Stephens are in the midfield (presumably in place of Bruno & Adgestein) we just might be onto something. Dunk looked good. Just need a striker that can hold the ball up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How do you away supporters do these mid week games. You ara all fantastic.

It just happened to fall on my days off this week, & I always feel like I'm wasting them if the Albion are playing & I don't go. As for the people with proper jobs: I have no idea how they manage it. Super-understanding bosses or self-employed, I can only assume :)

Anyway, I hope we came across on the TV/ radio. I thought the Albion crowd were quite loud and enthusiastic last night, but I suppose it always sounds louder when you're under the same roof, and maybe not so audible to the rest of the ground. Thought the Leeds faithful made a bit of an effort in brief spells at the start of each half, but other than that, our possession & passing kept them quiet. Apart from in booing their players off twice: they were quite noisy then.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Stayed over in Leeds and just about to start the journey back but got to say well done to the travelling 400 - pretty much constant singing and the 20 minutes of Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army was brilliant!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Back at about 3am and waking up now and thinking about going to work. May need to work from home.

Having been concerned by the team selection pre match I have to say the first half was the best we have played for quite some time. Totally dominant in the midfield and defence, and Trixxie added a bit of attacking flair to supplement the hard work of CMS.

Even Kemy did well. New signings look quality. If we can add a top quality championship forward with the stash of cash we have we are back in business for another play off push.

One small point though. Leeds were utter turd. We literally could have played without a goalkeeper as he had nothing to do all night.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Congrats all. You came across the radio very well despite the low away attendance figure.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Congrats all. You came across the radio very well despite the low away attendance figures.

I thought it would be lower than that!

But the lads leading the singing made me very proud to be there last night in the main. I love it when a song goes on and on and on, and just when you think it's going to fade, everyone simultaneously gets a new burst of energy and off it goes again.

As I said, only one single reservation about the night, that being that anyone minded to complain about Leeds' rendition of "We can see you sucking cock", perhaps should consider the Albion offerings of "Jimmy Savile/ He could be your Dad" (or "You sat on his lap" which provoked it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here