hyypia-19aug14-ld229-1841242_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia applauds the fans.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
00:04 20th August 2014
by James Hilsum
The players were excellent today and I’m very happy"
Sami Hyypia

Sami Hyypia expressed his delight at Brighton & Hove Albion’s dazzling attacking performance at Leeds and wants his players to put in a similar display on Saturday against Bolton.A first Albion goal for Joao Teixeira and a second-half strike from Kazenga LuaLua secured the points at Elland Road and Hyypia was thrilled with the overall team performance.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The players were excellent today and I’m very happy.
“We showed what we can do and what we want to do, especially in the first-half. I like to play, I don’t know if it’s unusual as a defender to say that that we want to play football. That’s how it is and hopefully in the next game we will keep it going for a bit longer.
“We won the game tonight, but in all of these games I’ve been very happy with the attitude and mentality of this team.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The Albion manager was delighted with the performances of debutants Teixeira and Danny Holla, who have both slotted in seamlessly to the side, but says there is more to come from both players.“Both Joao and Danny had good games and showed tonight that they have quality which we need and I’m very pleased with their performances.
“Danny is a quality player on the ball.* He brings the quality that maybe we are sometimes lacking and I think when he trains with us he will be fitter than he is at the moment.
"They’re both new to the side and hopefully they’ll stay fit and keep playing like they did tonight."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here