Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the first time ever I refused to pay the entrance fee

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
As above

POTG was 39 quid.
Easy decision for me as I only came from Shipley - One stop on the train from Leeds. But to pay £39 to another club for second tier football is obsence.

Whilst I feel vindicated by my stand, despite the 2 mile walk back into Leeds by my two mile walk back into Leeds, I can't help but smile at the result!

Come on you super seagulls.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Do you go to home games ?

If not and this was your one chance to see The Albion, as they were playing on your doorstep, I find it a bit odd that you wouldn't pay the extra to get in ???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Surely £39 isn't an issue for a local game?would you rather fork out for trains or fuel that will cost a lot more for other games?
Very odd but fairplay

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I generally go to between 5 and 14 game a season (based on the past 15 years) but why should I pay 29 quid into the coffers of a club I despise to watch the Albion?

I realize the once fuel/train costs are taken into account it's still possibly the cheapest game for me, but why pay 39 quid into Leeds coffers for the privilege?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I generally go to between 5 and 14 game a season (based on the past 15 years) but why should I pay 29 quid into the coffers of a club I despise to watch the Albion?

I realize the once fuel/train costs are taken into account it's still possibly the cheapest game for me, but why pay 39 quid into Leeds coffers for the privilege?
Once a season and its your home game!!!
Still its your choice and what matters is we won:banana:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Regardless that it's the club you support visiting you locally, that is some high price to pay. Some people find it hard to justify that amount out of a weekly wage or salary, to spend on an entrance fee. More kudos for the travelling supporters from Brighton/Sussex then!

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Regardless that it's the club you support visiting you locally, that is some high price to pay. Some people find it hard to justify that amount out of a weekly wage or salary, to spend on an entrance fee. More kudos for the travelling supporters from Brighton/Sussex then!
ac
Indeed. I've not missed a match at Elland Road since 2006, but to pay 39 quid to LEEDS! I decided to take a stand and go back to the pub.

I'm still sooo pleased by the win though!

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
As above

POTG was 39 quid.
Easy decision for me as I only came from Shipley - One stop on the train from Leeds. But to pay £39 to another club for second tier football is obsence.

Whilst I feel vindicated by my stand, despite the 2 mile walk back into Leeds by my two mile walk back into Leeds, I can't help but smile at the result!

Come on you super seagulls.

Me and my girlfriend paid £40 each plus the booking fee as we picked up plus the bus and train fare = £97 for the Wednesday home game and you turned around at the turnstiles? You must of known the price.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Typical responses from Neanderthal football fans. The same people who blindly pay obscene prices in the name of "loyalty", in their low/middle income jobs, while second tier professional footballers become millionaires for a few hours work a week

But hey ho, this is the Britain in 2014 that you lads want.

Good for you mate

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Me and my girlfriend paid £40 each plus the booking fee as we picked up plus the bus and train fare = £97 for the Wednesday home game and you turned around at the turnstiles? You must of known the price.
I did. It was £34, which I though was pricey enough but they jacked an extra £5 onto the POTG price. At this point I said balls to that, which I appreciate was an easy decision given the short distance traveled.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Typical responses from Neanderthal football fans. The same people who blindly pay obscene prices in the name of "loyalty", in their low/middle income jobs, while second tier professional footballers become millionaires for a few hours work a week

But hey ho, this is the Britain in 2014 that you lads want.

Good for you mate

Thank you Sir. I never thought it would come to this, but it has. :down:

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I did. It was £34, which I though was pricey enough but they jacked an extra £5 onto the POTG price. At this point I said balls to that, which I appreciate was an easy decision given the short distance traveled.

Adding another £5 on the gate is naughty and you have principles and self pride so don't blame you for walking. I'd have done the same out of principle.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
QUOTE=Skylar;6522040]Me and my girlfriend paid £40 each plus the booking fee as we picked up plus the bus and train fare = £97 for the Wednesday home game and you turned around at the turnstiles? You must of known the price.[/QUOTE]

You must have money to burn then, hope your salary provides for you in your old age as you spend your pension funds...:lol:
Good on you if you can afford it though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here