JFC 7.5
Bruno 8
Agustein. 7.5. Incredible improvement
Portuguese Joe. 9 MOM
CMS 7 improved as game went on

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stockdale 6 (might as well have pulled up a deckchair & sparked up a cigar)

Calderon 7 (solid in defence, important block to deny the late Billy Sharp his only chance)

Greer 7 (continues his excellent start to the season, passing & defence much more confident)

Dunk 7 (won the aerial battle against that utter carthorse Smith to the extent Smith was subbed at half time, didn't put a foot wrong & a couple of great sliding blocks. Didn't give the late Billy Sharp a sniff)

Chicksen 7 (was so keen to get forward, the late Billy Sharp was forced out wide in the first half to cover his runs. Much improved defensively, hopefully will give him confidence)

Holla 8 (almost flawless display of short, neat passing & ball winning, only once got caught out after he & Stockdale fannied around for a bit, but was such a lift for our midfield, I forgave him instantly)

JFC 7 (superb first half, lovely passing & a FLAIR backheeled flick to CMS, seemed like he'd been freed from the shackles by the positioning & control of Holla, long may it continue)

Bruno 7 (curious how many times he got the ball in the middle and turned towards the back four, but decent passing in the main and thoroughly annoyed Leeds with his general Spanish minciness, so, well played)

Agustein 7 (probably would have been a 6 but I'll give him an extra mark for the fact that I actually saw him run around last night. A few stray passes but I forgive him, as he looked much more comfortable at the front of our midfield four than he has at the back or wide. Vastly improved)

Teixeira 9 (he and Holla ran the game, hard to separate them in so many ways but he can have MoM for the goal alone. Flair personified, but I was just as impressed by his desire to get the ball. No, he's no Doug Rougvie in the tackle but that's not to say he doesn't get himself in there. Only worry was whether he was too smart for our other players, but they'll learn. And we have him all SEASON :clap:)

CMS 7 (didn't ever really look like scoring but worked his nuts off when we needed it as Leeds pressed a bit more in the second half. Was an important part of the whole pie, so, good effort)

Hyypiä: 8. Tactically out-thought Dave Wacaday in every respect, and I quite like the fact he's so focused on the game, he doesn't feel the need to be a performing monkey for needy supporters. When we sang his name in the first half, he eventually gave just the smallest smile & wave of his hand in acknowledgement as he continued to study his players. So subtle in fact, that most of the crowd didn't spot it, and promptly launched into "Sami Sami give us a wave". Which of course, not being the aforementioned performing monkey, he didn't respond to. Leading to a couple of (good humoured) boos and a chorus of "He's Sami Hyypiä, he plays hard to get".

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
All solid 7's except for:

Holla: 8 - an excellent debut, calm and assured on the ball, willing to put his foot in, pinged several nice passes around and had a long range pop at goal too. His influence waned 2nd half as he tired and maybe he also reined himself in a bit following the yellow card.

Teixeira: 9 - MoM. As others have suggested there is a hint of the Vicente about him, possesses a combination of speed and ball control that often bamboozled Leeds - and occasionally one or two of his team mates who aren't quite on his wavelength yet. He is a bit light physically and did get shrugged off the ball at times but he gives us that badly needed creativity. He was outstanding 1st half but I also enjoyed the latter stages of the game when we repeatedly caught Leeds on the break and his combination with KLL and CMS looks promising.

Agustein: 6.5 - A better showing from him and he got into some decent attacking positions but still looks half a yard off the pace.

CMS: 7.5 - The new boys should rightly take the headlines. Despite CMS being isolated for much of the time and many of the long balls to him being too long, in the 2nd half he caused Leeds problems and got clattered several times. Given the pace of Teixeira and KLL I'm not sure that COG would have the same impact?

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North

Calderon 7 (solid in defence, important block to deny the late Billy Sharp his only chance)

Greer 7 (continues his excellent start to the season, passing & defence much more confident)

Dunk 7 (won the aerial battle against that utter carthorse Smith to the extent Smith was subbed at half time, didn't put a foot wrong & a couple of great sliding blocks. Didn't give the late Billy Sharp a sniff)

Chicksen 7 (was so keen to get forward, the late Billy Sharp was forced out wide in the first half to cover his runs. Much improved defensively, hopefully will give him confidence)

Holla 8 (almost flawless display of short, neat passing & ball winning, only once got caught out after he & Stockdale fannied around for a bit, but was such a lift for our midfield, I forgave him instantly)

JFC 7 (superb first half, lovely passing & a FLAIR backheeled flick to CMS, seemed like he'd been freed from the shackles by the positioning & control of Holla, long may it continue)

Bruno 7 (curious how many times he got the ball in the middle and turned towards the back four, but decent passing in the main and thoroughly annoyed Leeds with his general Spanish minciness, so, well played)

Agustein 7 (probably would have been a 6 but I'll give him an extra mark for the fact that I actually saw him run around last night. A few stray passes but I forgive him, as he looked much more comfortable at the front of our midfield four than he has at the back or wide. Vastly improved)

Teixeira 9 (he and Holla ran the game, hard to separate them in so many ways but he can have MoM for the goal alone. Flair personified, but I was just as impressed by his desire to get the ball. No, he's no Doug Rougvie in the tackle but that's not to say he doesn't get himself in there. Only worry was whether he was too smart for our other players, but they'll learn. And we have him all SEASON :clap:)

CMS 7 (didn't ever really look like scoring but worked his nuts off when we needed it as Leeds pressed a bit more in the second half. Was an important part of the whole pie, so, good effort)

Hyypiä: 8. Tactically out-thought Dave Wacaday in every respect, and I quite like the fact he's so focused on the game, he doesn't feel the need to be a performing monkey for needy supporters. When we sang his name in the first half, he eventually gave just the smallest smile & wave of his hand in acknowledgement as he continued to study his players. So subtle in fact, that most of the crowd didn't spot it, and promptly launched into "Sami Sami give us a wave". Which of course, not being the aforementioned performing monkey, he didn't respond to. Leading to a couple of (good humoured) boos and a chorus of "He's Sami Hyypiä, he plays hard to get".

Pretty much agree with that but I wouldnt have written it as "entertainingly" as Edna.
Special mentions for -
Greer - Thought he was as good as Ive seen him
Holla - Great distribution and actually passed FORWARD
Chicksen - Found plenty of space first half
Teixeira - A different class. No doubt his performances will be up and down as hes young but last night was a great start

The Crowd - 10 - Massive Kudos to all travelling support and sounded a lot more than 444

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Tex, like Lingard, but better then ?

On the basis of last night's performance - Yes!

Lingard occasionally threatened that sort of performance - but only for brief periods during a couple of games - I don't recall him ever being MoM and single handedly having such an impact. It's early days but Teixeira is probably a better all round player except for being even lighter physically!

Maybe our opponents will now take note of Teixeira. His close control is good enough that 2nd half they put 3 markers on him and tried to muscle him out of the game but to his credit he did not shirk the challenge. I suspect he will have to get used to that as the season progresses. The key will be having Albion team mates better tuned into his wavelength so an even higher % of his efforts are rewarded. I'm sure that will come over a few more games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All solid 7's except for:

Holla: 8 - an excellent debut, calm and assured on the ball, willing to put his foot in, pinged several nice passes around and had a long range pop at goal too. His influence waned 2nd half as he tired and maybe he also reined himself in a bit following the yellow card.

Teixeira: 9 - MoM. As others have suggested there is a hint of the Vicente about him, possesses a combination of speed and ball control that often bamboozled Leeds - and occasionally one or two of his team mates who aren't quite on his wavelength yet. He is a bit light physically and did get shrugged off the ball at times but he gives us that badly needed creativity. He was outstanding 1st half but I also enjoyed the latter stages of the game when we repeatedly caught Leeds on the break and his combination with KLL and CMS looks promising.

Agustein: 6.5 - A better showing from him and he got into some decent attacking positions but still looks half a yard off the pace.

CMS: 7.5 - The new boys should rightly take the headlines. Despite CMS being isolated for much of the time and many of the long balls to him being too long, in the 2nd half he caused Leeds problems and got clattered several times. Given the pace of Teixeira and KLL I'm not sure that COG would have the same impact?

I'm being lazy this morning, so will say THIS. Your ratings and assessments are spot on imo.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

#PrayForTheLateBillySharp :lol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Maybe our opponents will now take note of Teixeira. His close control is good enough that 2nd half they put 3 markers on him and tried to muscle him out of the game but to his credit he did not shirk the challenge. I suspect he will have to get used to that as the season progresses. The key will be having Albion team mates better tuned into his wavelength so an even higher % of his efforts are rewarded. I'm sure that will come over a few more games.

If other teams want to put three players on Tex and leave space for Kaz, March etc to do their thing then that's fine by me

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
#PrayForTheLateBillySharp :lol:

At first, I was going to say The Late Billy Sharp had an absolute shocker of a game.

Then I realised that was a bit harsh, considering he's dead. Being deceased does seem to have impacted on his moaning though, as I didn't notice it nearly as much as in past games. Maybe it's like in Ghost, where he's still banging on, but nobody can hear him except Whoopi Goldberg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here