Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga Lua Lua - MUST NOT start!!!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Every time he come's off of the bench he makes a positive impact (see Cheltenham and Leeds for example.)

Every time he starts he struggles to make any impact at all. (see numerous games including Birmingham and Wednesday.)

Starting :ffsparr:

Bench :clap:

Yawn - he won't hang around here as a permanent bench player - if you want him to clear off, pigeonhole him

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Needs to play wide though I maintain that. Anyone who watched tonight was he wide it central?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What we need to do, is not accept he's better off the bench, we need to improve our coaching / tactics / instructions, whatever it maybe to get the best out of LuaLua from the start of games.

I'm not disagreeing he appears to be better off the bench, but we need to turn that into 90mins every game, not 20 or 30.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He has played some very good games over 90 mins during the past 3 seasons, so it would seem a waste of talent to have him always come on from the bench. Horses for courses.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What we need to do, is not accept he's better off the bench, we need to improve our coaching / tactics / instructions, whatever it maybe to get the best out of LuaLua from the start of games.

I'm not disagreeing he appears to be better off the bench, but we need to turn that into 90mins every game, not 20 or 30.

It may not just be a case of 'improving our coaching'. IIRC he failed a medical before joining us and seems to have long term injury problems that reoccur now and then. It may be a case of play 20/30 mins at 100% or play the whole game at 50% or something similar.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yawn - he won't hang around here as a permanent bench player - if you want him to clear off, pigeonhole him

Clear off to be an impact player elsewhere?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It may not just be a case of 'improving our coaching'. IIRC he failed a medical before joining us and seems to have long term injury problems that reoccur now and then. It may be a case of play 20/30 mins at 100% or play the whole game at 50% or something similar.

I did say 'whatever it maybe' I wasn't being specific to any particular reason. I find it hard to believe the possibility that we have a player who can only manage 100% play for 30mins but not 90, sounds a bit far fetched to be honest.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I did say 'whatever it maybe' I wasn't being specific to any particular reason. I find it hard to believe the possibility that we have a player who can only manage 100% play for 30mins but not 90, sounds a bit far fetched to be honest.

Hardly. If he has a long term injury he has to be managed appropriately, there's hardly any point him playing 90 minutes 3 games in a row then being out for a month.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hardly. If he has a long term injury he has to be managed appropriately, there's hardly any point him playing 90 minutes 3 games in a row then being out for a month.

There is a massive difference between managing a players game time where you restrict their mins to prevent injury then actually stating a player can only manage 100% for 30mins. I don't believe it has anything to do with his fitness / injury status to be honest, but more likely to do with how we start cautiously, slowly and narrow in a lot of games. We need to change this if we're going to get the best out of him.

If he is carry a long term injury like you say - someone should stop him doing his double back flips after he scores! :lolol:

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Rohan Ince also made a great run from midfield that ended with him hitting the post after coming on as a substitute. He's a player of immense potential, but hasn't looked completely at it this season. So if benching a player makes him even more determined to do well when he gets the chance, then I'm all for it.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I was baffled when he ran through and was 1v1 with the last defender 30 yards from goal, and just stopped. Bizarre when he had the guy for pace easily and any foul would be a straight red. Be brave Kaz ffs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here