Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Case saved my son from drowning

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Good read that, thanks for sharing. Before my time but he certainly seemed a brilliant player.

May 27, 2014
Good read that, thanks for sharing. Before my time but he certainly seemed a brilliant player.

He and Danny Wilson were the hardest tackling mid-fielders the club has had in my 47 years of watching the albion. You could hear the tackles above the noise of the crowd - and occasionally the sound of opposition players cacking their pants !

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I remember Jimmy Case in his last season playing, controlling the game effortlessly and barely moving five yards at all. He read the game so well he could just walk over and win the ball from an opponent in full flight, then boot an inch perfect forty yard pass.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I remember Jimmy Case in his last season playing, controlling the game effortlessly and barely moving five yards at all. He read the game so well he could just walk over and win the ball from an opponent in full flight, then boot an inch perfect forty yard pass.

Wasn't that the same season he got a yellow card because a ref thought Case had ignored his instruction when in reality Jimmy for deaf as a post without his hearing aid ?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He and Danny Wilson were the hardest tackling mid-fielders the club has had in my 47 years of watching the albion. You could hear the tackles above the noise of the crowd - and occasionally the sound of opposition players cacking their pants !

:lol:

There was a moment, Millwall away last season when I thought Stephens had actually popped the ball such was the force of his tackle! Hopefully we've got our new Jimmy :)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't forget Paul Clarke and Brian Horton and Hans Kray and Alan Duffy in the tunnel!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Man was a legend player for us and a rally nice bloke. We had one of his brother's mates stay with us when he was on trial. JC took us to a reserve game and sat with us throughout. A great opportunity to talk to him about his career and 3 euro winners medals.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I agree although I think Brian Horton wasn't too far behind in the take no prisoners stakes.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I recall Tony Grealish taking Souness out at the Goldstone when we beat Liverpool in the FA Cup 1983/4, no slouch in the hardness stakes.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Tony Grealish was the hardest tackling midfielder I have seen at the Albion.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I wonder if anyone will remember this?

we played a friendly at the Goldstone in 1982 against an African team who had qualified for the 1982 world cup. We had a free kick about 35 years out from south stand. Case smashed it, it hit one of the African lads in the wall, square in the face and he went over like a domino, no knee bend, like a felled tree before St Johns ambulance stretchered him off dazed and confused.

anyone else there?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Yes I was there that night, still have a sly laugh over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here