Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 2014 CPFC managerial farce thread

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
WARNING: BACK TRACKING IMMINENT.

Expect complete denouncement of Mackay's skills as a manager and utter refusal to admit some wanted him as our boss.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Expect complete denouncement of Mackay's skills as a manager and utter refusal to admit some wanted him as our boss.

So, they let a manager go that wanted more transfer cash and have now appointed a bloke whose only success came off the back of HUGE amounts of transfer cash.
Logical.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not meaning to be a dick and it isn't because he's the Palace manager, but how is it a good appointment? Failed at Cardiff, yes Tan is mental but I don't think that can completely excuse him any responsibility. Certainly a couple of steps down from Pulis imo.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
So, they let a manager go that wanted more transfer cash and have now appointed a bloke whose only success came off the back of HUGE amounts of transfer cash.
Logical.

Its no wonder he wasn't interested in the Brighton job :thumbsup:

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Palace again showing us how to business .... How long did it take us to appoint Sami and palace land a decent appointment within a couple of days .... Fact .... Come lickers let's hear u defend the club again!!!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

For me, I wasn't keen based on his history of needing large budgets and to be fair there is a big gulf between cutting it in the Premiership compared to the Championship, Holloway being a prime example.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not meaning to be a dick and it isn't because he's the Palace manager, but how is it a good appointment? Failed at Cardiff, yes Tan is mental but I don't think that can completely excuse him any responsibility. Certainly a couple of steps down from Pulis imo.

How did he fail at Cardiff? He got them promoted and they weren't in the relegation zone when he left

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
2011/12 Signings
Craig Conway
Don Cowie
Andrew Taylor
Rob Earnshaw
Aron Gunnarsson
Joe Mason
Kenny Miller
Rudy Gestede
Ben Turner
Elliott Parish
Kadeem Harris

2012/13 Signings
Joe Lewis
Filip Kiss
Jordon Mutch
Etien Velikonja
Kim Bo-Kyung
Heidar Helguson
Craig Bellamy
Matthew Connolly
Tommy Smith
Craig Noone
Nicky Maynard
Fraizer Campbell
Simon Lappin

2013/14 Signings
Andreas Cornelius
John Brayford
Simon Moore
Steven Caulker
Gary Medel
Maximilliano Amondarain
Kevin Theophile-Catherine
Peter Odemwingie

These are the 32 permanent signings that were brought in by Malky Mackay during his 2 and half years as Cardiff manager. Looks like the stone cladding may have to take a back seat.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Palace again showing us how to business .... How long did it take us to appoint Sami and palace land a decent appointment within a couple of days .... Fact .... Come lickers let's hear u defend the club again!!!!

1) Whether he is a decent appointment or not remains to be seen, could work, might not.

2) They have already begun the season and needed to get someone in pronto. If the discontent with Pulis had been brewing since the summer then the club's hierarchy would have drawn up a list of suitable replacements in the event of his departure.

3) In addition to point 2, they would not want to repeat the wait that followed Holloway's resignation.

4) We had the luxury of conducting a thorough interview process. It was not necessary to appoint someone immediately.

5) Give the lickers/bedwetters b*llocks a rest please will you.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How did he fail at Cardiff? He got them promoted and they weren't in the relegation zone when he left

Exactly.

There's more rewriting of history on NSC than within the confines of Stalin's Kremlin

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Good appointment - no real surprise.

And anyone trying to use this as any sort of stick to beat up our board is a complete moron.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I seem to remember them taking AGES to appoint Pulis. :shrug:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Decent appointment? To be honest I hope you are right. He is such a good manager that he has been out of work for months. I also would like to know why him and Moody had to give one of the most grovelling statements regarding Tan I have ever heard, it really does make me wonder if there might have been more to it than meets the eye.
I for one am not particularly enthused about this at all, but other Palace supporters maybe delighted, who knows.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

See also Palace fans laughing at the prospect of us getting Tim Sherwood and then many of their number being keen to get him in to replace Pulis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here