Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freesat Box problem - Help please tecchies!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
No connection message on TV through Bush Freesat box.

Freesat box appears to be working (has power, can scroll through channels). TV works ok on DVD. Dish ok as upstairs TV working off it. Have switched HDMI cables, and linked PC to TV using them so that's not the problem.

Am thinking of buying new Freesat box from Argus, as if that isn't the problem can easily take it back.

Any ideas for help much appreciated.

PG

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Had this problem with Youview...turned out I could only get 35 channels...instead of 212 channels...changed the ariel and it went up to 124 channels. Today an engineer is fitting in a booster and running the cable in properly to achieve 212. Watch this space.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
presuming you have one cable from dish to upstairs TV/box and one cable from dish to box in question have you checked this cable has not just come loose.....can happen if box is moved etc when cleaning

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
presuming you have one cable from dish to upstairs TV/box and one cable from dish to box in question have you checked this cable has not just come loose.....can happen if box is moved etc when cleaning

Yeah, checked all the connecting cables. Doesn't sound like I've missed anything obvious. Maybe now need to decide which Freesat box to buy - ideas?!? I think there are some you can get a wifi dongle with which would be handy, to watch Netflix etc on the TV.

PG

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah, checked all the connecting cables. Doesn't sound like I've missed anything obvious. Maybe now need to decide which Freesat box to buy - ideas?!? I think there are some you can get a wifi dongle with which would be handy, to watch Netflix etc on the TV.

PG

have a look at panasonic models,many come with netflix iplayer etc already on

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
These look interesting, do they work as standard Freesat box from my dish too?

PG

I've got one of the ones with iplayer on. They work as a standard freesat box, one just plugs an ethernet cable in to get iplayer. But it is useless on iplayer. The menus are very slow to load up and the programmes take ages ages to load. Then when it does eventually start playing the programme it keeps skipping bits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here