holla-180814-l229-1838198_478x359.jpg

Danny Holla
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:30 19th August 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s up to the coaches to decide whether I play or not, but I feel ready"
Danny Holla

Brighton & Hove Albion’s new signing Danny Holla says he is fit and raring to go after signing a three-year deal with the club.
The Dutchman linked up with his new teammates for training at St George’s Park, and is hoping to make his debut when Albion take on Leeds United at Elland Road.He told seagulls.co.uk, “We’ve had two training sessions,yesterday and this morning. It’s been good to be on the pitch and get to know the guys.
“I had trained at my old club for a couple of weeks so I’m feeling fit. I didn’t play many games, but I trained a lot.
“It’s up to the coaches to decide whether I play or not, but I feel ready.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The midfielder, who rejected a new deal at his former club ADO Den Haag, says he cannot wait to don the blue-and-white-stripes.“Last week I saw the training ground and the stadium and spoke to the coaching staff. The feeling was good from both sides and things progressed really quickly after that.
“I didn’t know much about the club before I arrived and all I knew was that my fellow Dutch player Kemy Agustien was here.
“I will find out though and I’m looking forward to playing in front of a lot of people at the Amex, especially as I heard that the crowd is really good at Brighton.
“I hope that on Saturday I will be able to play in front of them for the first time.”
The 26-year-old admits he will also have to get used to the frenetic pace of the Championship compared to the slower and more tactical Dutch Eredivisie.
“I’ve seen some Championship matches on television and so I’m aware of what the games are like in this league.
“The intensity is very high, whereas in Holland the game is slower and is more about tactically playing the ball around.
“I’m the type of player who likes to be on the ball and deliver both short and long passes. I also like to take free-kicks and shoot on goal whenever I can, so I hope to score many goals here.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here