Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Psv v wifi

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I saw this and totally agree

If you can't focus on your team on the pitch for 90 mins then there's something wrong with you. Bit like talking a mobile phone call or tweeting in the cinema

Last season I sat in front if a total crrunt who spent all game shouting out the Premier League scores as if anyone cared

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I saw this and totally agree

If you can't focus on your team on the pitch for 90 mins then there's something wrong with you. Bit like talking a mobile phone call or tweeting in the cinema

Last season I sat in front if a total crrunt who spent all game shouting out the Premier League scores as if anyone cared
I partially agree. I like to occasionally look at rivals scores, particularly as the season progresses and points on the board become more crucial. There are plenty of quiet moments, injuries etc, in which one can do so unobtrusively. Annoying though it may be, people have been distracted at football matches since the game began, remember (if you're old enough) the guy who climbed the floodlights against Southampton at the Goldstone anyone? That was, for me, briefly more interesting than the match. 😚

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

Minor side gripe though: I don't understand why British journalists still can't get the name of the team right. It's "PSV", not "PSV Eindhoven". It's like writing "QPR London"...

Gripe over, carry on...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Wifi is a great thing. Stop being old men about it! The ability to check scores at half time, or to check team news pre-kickoff, is a great addition to the match day experience. If people are on their phones during the game, maybe they don't care about the game as much as you? These people could be a GF or mate who doesn't really want to see the Albion produce one shot on target in 90 mins, so it's nice to give them something to do!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Good god - what a pointless moan. We live in a connected world. Get over yourselves.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would much rather people checked twitter and facebook while at the game than when they are doing 70 along the dual carriageway on the way home

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whats the problem, is it any different to yesteryears when people brought in portable radios to check scores or listen to match commentary, or the Grand National etc.

The use of twitter etc does allow for more instant updates for those who are unable to make the game from those who are there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

Minor side gripe though: I don't understand why British journalists still can't get the name of the team right. It's "PSV", not "PSV Eindhoven". It's like writing "QPR London"...

Gripe over, carry on...
Inter Milan :shootself

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Surely if you can focus on the game for 90 minutes then you won't notice anyone using their phone ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its more for pre-match, HT and post-match, not to mention it also probably helps the media.

But of course, it isnt from the 70s so a certain group of fans will always hate it. No one is making fans be on their phone the entire game.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I wont use it during the game, but is useful to check teams and scores before hand.

I wonder how many people used Sky Bet during the Wednesday game?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely if you can focus on the game for 90 minutes then you won't notice anyone using their phone ?

You do if you have some muppet filming the match in front of you.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I Often try and get the results from the other leagues as the majority of the time I have had a small bet, The ball is not constantly in play. I remember people taking Radios to games and the scores being passed around, not really sure what the difference is there?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
To be honest, I like my Albion experience to be full on. Just me, the team and us fans for a couple of hours. I've even liked the fact I couldn't get a signal at the Amex.

Perhaps wi if is ok at half time or post match, but during the game, no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here