Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes playing in the Premier League

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
I know it features in the game thread but great to see AB getting 20 mins tonight. They may not have the strongest squad but good luck to him to this season, especially after all the cr*P he got when playing for us.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You're talking rubbish, we were told categorically by a number of posters on here that he'd never get on the bench, let alone of the pitch, surely he's out on loan at Fleetwood or Carlisle by now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Liked him at BHA, but can't help thinking Kaz is a tad lonely without his neighbour. Was never Premier quality, but always gave his all and popped up with a few now and again. Good Luck.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chuffed for him, Ashley had just the fighting spirit the current team could do with. He is a good footballer too, although no doubt there are still some blind souls who will insist he is shit. We could do with some shit players like him at the moment.

We as a club ****ed up by making him not feel wanted both at managerial and fan levels.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I know it features in the game thread but great to see AB getting 20 mins tonight. They may not have the strongest squad but good luck to him to this season, especially after all the cr*P he got when playing for us.

Second that - I am sure the abusers/whingers behind my seat at the Amex, are cringing that he played. Good on you Ash. Oh for some of your passion, physical presence and the odd goal now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good for him. People can continue to throw abuse at him behind anonymous walls while he enjoys his dream of playing in the Premiership.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Well done Ashley Barnes. I just think back to the day I booed him as loud as I could when he stepped up to take the penalty against Blackburn. And then when he scored, I stormed off in disgust because someone with a sexier name should have done it. Oh well.

Silverfox

Aug 1, 2011
Eastbourne
Ashley must have thought he was in a dream or a Disney movie. Being on the same pitch as the quality that surrounded him must have been surreal. Bloody good luck to him. I cannot think of one player we have now who has the passion, the drive, the enthusiasm and sheer guts that Mr Barnes gave to BHA.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't one of the Barnes-haters, so just really pleased for him. I honestly can't see him being more than a fringe player this season, but he could have some great moments and it will be memorable one way or another.

But it is still a bit surreal seeing the bloke some Brighton fans said shouldn't be in the team in League One, let alone the Championship, running on to the pitch against Chelsea.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Missed the second half..did he do anything of note in his allotted 20 mins?

Reading the BBC text commentary, he only gets mentioned as coming on as a sub.

Sounds like all the action was down the other end.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really pleased for him to have made it today. No matter what happens from today, he will always be a Premier League footballer who shared a pitch with some amazing players.

I would genuinely love to have his passion, drive and commitment representing us right now as it seems to be sadly lacking.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
His goal to game ratio was superb. better than Leon Knights but never got the respect from the 'new' Brighton fans as he wasn't a big name. He is still young so no doubt prove a lot of people wrong. Good on you Ash.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Some quick and simple ways of telling if a Brighton fan is a empty headed buffoon:

They think Barnes is/was crap.
They think Hammond is anonymous and crap.

We must have some of the thickest fans around, or do they all just congregate on here?

Nice one :clap2:

Missed the second half..did he do anything of note in his allotted 20 mins?

Reading the BBC text commentary, he only gets mentioned as coming on as a sub.

He did nothing of note

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Albions greatest ever 'shit' player?

mackieaj

Alex Mackie
Jan 4, 2011
Yep, he wasn't able to change the game and with Chelsea in cruise mode I doubt anyone from the Burnley bench could have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here