Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ever break even at the amex without getting into the prem?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm shocked we can't break even now to be honest...Its blatantly clear we're overpaying players and that 10k a week cap is obviously rubbish.

I suspect there are a lot of behind the scenes costs that are making thing tough. I think we might have a few very highly paid employees that never get anywhere near Saturday 3.00 ... in that context we are definitely PLR!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I suspect there are a lot of behind the scenes costs that are making thing tough. I think we might have a few very highly paid employees that never get anywhere near Saturday 3.00 ... in that context we are definitely PLR!
Maybe we was paying much much higher wages than first thought ?
Maybe we're catching up from poyet's spree?

Who knows...but it's not good :(

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm shocked we can't break even now to be honest...Its blatantly clear we're overpaying players and that 10k a week cap is obviously rubbish.

You thought we'd recoup a capital of 150M+ in just three years? Are you mad?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe we was paying much much higher wages than first thought ?
Maybe we're catching up from poyet's spree?

Who knows...but it's not good :(
I thought we were supposed to be doing pretty well vis-a-vis wages capping. Even so, £10K a week is half a million a year! It is worrying though, when the club with probably the highest revenue streams in the division (apart from the ones with parachute payments) is losing money hand over fist. And we're not even paying off the loans for the stadium and stuff yet, are we?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I thought we were supposed to be doing pretty well vis-a-vis wages capping. Even so, £10K a week is half a million a year! It is worrying though, when the club with probably the highest revenue streams in the division (apart from the ones with parachute payments) is losing money hand over fist. And we're not even paying off the loans for the stadium and stuff yet, are we?
Yep its mind blowing the yearly deficits....Maybe we're paying 20k a week wages to some?
Even so its quiet baffling as none of the infrastructure come's into it....goner be a rocky future if we can't break even on 27k crowds,expensive ST's,merchandise,food and drink consumption is sky high.

Astonishing

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Considering a major selling point of a new stadium was it would produce income for the football things have fallen flat,is the amex capable of making money?

Is there anything you post these days that isn't a snidey dig at the club? I wish you could see from the outside the way it makes you look.

Is there anything you post these days that isn't a snidey dig at the club? I wish you could see from the outside the way it makes you look.

The thing is i was pointing these things out a couple of years ago and now people are getting it. Its not a dig to point out a problem,should i still just think uncle tony will keep sticking his hand in his pocket and subbing my footie? now that would be snide:glare:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
The thing is i was pointing these things out a couple of years ago and now people are getting it. Its not a dig to point out a problem,should i still just think uncle tony will keep sticking his hand in his pocket and subbing my footie? now that would be snide:glare:

Didn't think you went anymore due the various problems you seem to find with the match day experience!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
pre amex the thought of around 15k s/t sales would have been forecast so if those numbers had come true how much would we be losing? Major number crunch error back then???

It was or thereabouts and perhaps if we were still in League 1 it would be,perhaps Championship football has become snowed under with parachute payments over the years,distorting any future forecasts back then of how things would be now-

The thing that i still cannot grasp is how and when the stadium gets paid for,if it is not already..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here