Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A POLITE request to all LICKERS

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Will you please STOP telling everyone to judge Bloom, BERK and Hyypia on September 1st, if you hadn't REALISED we've already PLAYED 2 matches lost BOTH, scored NIL and had 2 shots on TARGET in over 180 minutes FOOTBALL and WE play match number 3 TOMORROW with the WEAKEST squad since SALDE was here.

Thank YOU,

ERNETS on behalf of the SILENT majority

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Will you please STOP telling everyone to judge Bloom, BERK and Hyypia on September 1st, if you hadn't REALISED we've already PLAYED 2 matches lost BOTH, scored NIL and had 2 shots on TARGET in over 180 minutes FOOTBALL and WE play match number 3 TOMORROW with the WEAKEST squad since SALDE was here.

Thank YOU,

ERNETS on behalf of the SILENT majority

If only they were so silent!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still in the cup.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lickers V Wetters. Could be a good game.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Better start than last year.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm not wetting my bed I'm shitting it, after going to Birmingham to see the game on Saturday we'll be lucky to get 0-0 against Leeds and Leeds are probably worse than brum & Wednesdsay
So lucky we've played very poor teams so far otherwise we could have been shown up for how bad we really are, but hey let's not moan just think how far we've come and we've got padded seats

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm not wetting my bed I'm shitting it, after going to Birmingham to see the game on Saturday we'll be lucky to get 0-0 against Leeds and Leeds are probably worse than brum & Wednesdsay
So lucky we've played very poor teams so far otherwise we could have been shown up for how bad we really are, but hey let's not moan just think how far we've come and we've got padded seats

Sounds like you need a little PAMPERING.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think there is a subtle difference between moaning - who couldn't moan after this start? and blaming everyone left right and centre without recourse to any facts. I'm pretty sure TB is moaning and not happy, but our circumstances around our lack of signings may well be through no real fault of our own.

I'm wetting the bed about how we've started, and how we're currently looking, but I'm also a licker in that I think the club is being run in the right way, just that it's been tough in the transfer market this summer and we've been a victim of our own success with so many of our players being on show and being so good. I also think we got our fingers burnt letting Gus loose in the transfer market before really establish what the actual running costs of the stadium were going to be.

How can our scouting / transfer / squad building policies be so bad when we've discovered so much talent that has gone on to the premier league, and development players that have been the senior ranks both here and elsewhere - off the pitch this season at least, somethings have been going very right.

Just gutting that on the pitch right now it's going so very wrong, but right now it's about getting behind what we've got - singing 'you don't know what your doing' to a manager 2 games in makes us a laughing stock to be perfectly honest - classically fickle southern fans. Perhaps the weather does make us soft…

p.s. this wasn't aimed at you at all btw.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Or, if you prefer, balanced facts.

Bozza said:
'Underwhelming' Albion Summer signings
by Bozza
Published on 18-08-2014 12:45 0 Comments Comments
The murmurings of discontent continued over the weekend before, during and after the arrival of Danny Holla with the general sentiment of the naysayers being "He was signed on a free, no one else wanted him so he must be rubbish."

As detailed in our interview with someone who watches a lot of Eredivisie football, that is anything but the case and surprise has been expressed in Holland that he is not playing top-flight football.

This trial by Wikipedia typifies a number of modern football fans who can, within a few minutes, locate statistics and form an opinion on a player they have never seen play and possibly never even heard of prior to the @OfficialBHAFC tweet announcing a new arrival.

With that in mind, here is the run-down on Albion's supposedly 'underwhelming' deals to date this Summer.

Toko Nzuzi was the first new player to join the Albion this Summer, way back in May. Arriving at the club from Grasshopper Zurich, Toko has played in the Champions League and, had he remained in Switzerland, he was due to do so once again this season.

With Matthew Upson turning down another year at the Albion in favour of a final crack at the Premier League, the club required a high-quality replacement to both accompany captain Gordon Greer and help with the continued development of Lewis Dunk.

Aaron Hughes joined the club with a wealth of Premier League experience gained with the likes of Newcastle, Aston Villa and Fulham. Most recently he played a pivotal part in QPR's successful promotion season. He kept himself in shape during the Summer at the heart of Northern Ireland's defence in friendlies against World Cup bound Uruguay and Chile. Oh, and he's younger than Matthew Upson too.

Chris O'Grady joined the club from Barnsley where he scored 15 league goals in his single season at the club and was voted Player of the Year. Aside from a dazzling display at the Amex, Barnsley were a struggling side last term, yet Chris O’Grady still scored more league goals than the Albion’s Leo Ulloa from a similar number of games played. Ulloa was in a promotion chasing team and benefited from the supply of players such as Kazenga LuaLua, Will Buckley and Jesse Lingard. No one is suggesting that O’Grady has what it takes to fill Ulloa’s boots, and the Albion are still looking for further attacking options, but to dismiss O’Grady solely on the basis of having joined from Barnsley is wrong.

David Stockdale was next in. Joining from Fulham, he played 26 times for the Premier League club last season and was recognised as one of the high points in an otherwise disappointing season for the London club. In the previous season he was on loan at Hull City and was first choice as Hull secured automatic promotion to the Premier League. Fulham fans were gutted to see him leave with one asking: Could Fulham boss Felix Magath be making a huge mistake selling David Stockdale to Brighton? He went on to add: “His heart last year gave supporters hope during the darkest moments and his passion rallied the players to go out and achieve something in those odd few positive performances.”

Before the arrival of Danny Holla, Joao Teixeira arrived at the Amex on a season-long loan from Liverpool. A glance at Wikipedia will tell the tale of a young player who has been unable to break through at Anfield and could not even secure a start at League One Brentford before being recalled. Delving deeper reveals a different story however with favourable comparisons having been made with fellow countryman Deco and both club staff and Liverpool fans holding Teixeira in high regard. Steven Gerard, who has played with and against a few decent footballers in his time, has spoken about the talents he possesses. Coming off the bench at St Andrews on Saturday, he was a rare bright spot in an otherwise poor day for the Albion.

So, in summary, Albion’s ‘underwhelming’ Summer signings comprise a Champions League midfielder, a current international and experienced Premier League centre-back, a proven Championship goalscorer, a Premier League quality ‘keeper, a Liverpool starlet and a midfielder with ample Dutch top-flight experience.

Not even the most optimistic of Albion fans would suggest the current squad is yet ready for another tilt at promotion. There is still a lot of work to be done for Tony Bloom and David Burke before the transfer window shuts, but to dismiss the signings made to date so readily is surely a mistake.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
summerwine_1651419c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here