Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Certain groups of fans are often referred to as knowledgeable. I wonder if we are gaining a reputation for being reactionary and ignorant?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Lets not get carried away here. Keith Andrews looked excellent for us for the first couple of games. Saying that i didn't mind Hammond first time around. Good luck to the bloke.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wasn't the general opinion on here that he was sh**?!

not by anyone with a clue. he wasnt the greatest player and had some weaknesses, unlike all the other players that we see come through at this and League 1 level who are fantastic :rolleyes:

Leicester fans rate him too as being dependable in tight games.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think it shows how far backwards we've gone, when a couple of years ago signing Hammond was seen as a step in the wrong direction and know id love to have him and Andrews sign

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never wanted him to go to Colchester in the first place. He is a good squad player, & wanted to come back here after his loan.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I could not put up with the whinging and downright lack of knowlege of what he offered when he was at the amex.
He did a job, very similiar to Andrews, no flair, or continental flicks, but did his assigned job.
He was no worse than JFC, Stephens Lopez, Orlandi, and too be honest Crofts.
Will may think that we should be signing so called bigger named players, when what we had was actually not too bad.
Pearson is not a fool, and could see he could provide Leicester something, and do what he does best, break up play, simple passes, a offers something physical.
At this stage, and where we are, his experience would have counted for a lot in midfield.
Only my opinion.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
He's a good team player. A bit inflexible, so probably needs the right role and players around to suit him. Got criticised on here but did an ok job for us.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No'one recall all the missed easy headers than got us relegated? AND then him taking the Michael in our faces?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think it shows how far backwards we've gone, when a couple of years ago signing Hammond was seen as a step in the wrong direction and know id love to have him and Andrews sign
What have I got to do with it?[emoji57]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No'one recall all the missed easy headers than got us relegated? AND then him taking the Michael in our faces?

I remember two goals from his head against West Ham that kept us up, & the following season sold in the January window.
He apologised for the 'celebration' saying he'd grown up since the.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hammond's performance on Saturday was praised on MOTD, with video analysis of how he improved Leicester's play.ves t
Playing like that in the PL, and with PL wages, he won't be coming to the Albion any time soon.

Being chased by Reading so why not us. One poster says he still lives in Hampshire have they moved Chichester to Hampshire as posters on here say he lives there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was genuinely pleased for him to get to a play in a Premier League fixture - I believe it was his first.

His game was never one to catch the eye, but he was solid and dependable. My major fault with him, as has been mentioned above, is that he would get in great attacking positions and spurn what were decent chances. It did seem to happen a lot in both spells with the club. I'll forgive him though.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Indeed he was........for people whose understanding of football is based on following the ball!!

My understanding of football is that the team scoring the most wins. Not only did he have a tendency to give the ball away in midfield, his 'off the ball' ability enabled him consistently to get into great heading positions in front of goal and, well, you know the rest. 6 yards out at Selhurst in the first-leg. If that had gone in, how it might have been different!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here