Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please convince me that I have not wasted almost £500 on an iPad Air

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I bought an iPad Air about 2 months ago as I truly believed that it would be the best tablet about. I really don't like it and it just does not appear to work well. For starters it is constantly searching for software update them mean any film/TV streams crash whilst watching and to be honest that was a major reason for getting one. Tonight I was wanting to watch film4 on it but cannot get that to work as it says that the device does not support flash player? Is it me, or is it really just a bad machine. My old nexus 7 was way better.

And please, I do not want this to be a Apple/android binfest, there have been enough of those. I just want to know if I am doing something wrong that is ruining the experience. I want it to work beautifully!

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
You're just not using it right!

You can turn off auto-update for apps.

You need to use 4od to watch channel 4 or film4 content

Also catchuptv will allow you to watch all free view channels with a couple if mins delay,

Search for the apps in the App Store or google the auto update issue.

I don't always like apple but do think that the iPad is not bettered by any android tablet.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
You're just not using it right!

You can turn off auto-update for apps.

You need to use 4od to watch channel 4 or film4 content

Also catchuptv will allow you to watch all free view channels with a couple if mins delay,

Search for the apps in the App Store or google the auto update issue.

I don't always like apple but do think that the iPad is not bettered by any android tablet.

All of this

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yeah you've wasted £500, we've all done it, as luck would have it I desperately need one for spare parts for a
Kids science project, will give you £40? PM me and we'll sort it out!

Jul 7, 2003
There is a browser called Photon which supports streaming of video through flash. I paid £2.99 for this so that I could watch the play off game while on holiday in the US and it worked okay.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not constantly searching for software update and, even if it were, it would not cause things to crash. The iPhones and iPads we have do auto updates because it's very convenient. Every night they silently just get on with updating themselves and if I didn't know they were doing it, I'd not know they were doing it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I've had my iPad for 3 years now but have never used it to watch tv, I have a television for that.
Is the iPad designed to be used as a TV?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here