Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worrying stat on Football League Show ( Apologies if fixtures)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
When the near sell out crowd took their seats for the Play Off semi final 1st Leg against Derby in May could anyone have comprehended that 8 of the starting line up that night would no longer be at the club by the end of August?

Hypothetically if that stat had been available to all the season ticket holders that night would the renewal figures have been different?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
When the near sell out crowd took their seats for the Play Off semi final 1st Leg against Derby in May could anyone have comprehended that 8 of the starting line up that night would no longer be at the club by the end of August?

Hypothetically if that stat had been available to all the season ticket holders that night would the renewal figures have been different?
Take a couple of sleeping pills and go and have a lie down.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

I just wish someone from the club would explain what's going on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barber said at the fans forum recently that a 7% reduction is the national average in season ticket sales drop or something like that. I don't think it would change much despite 8 players leaving because you would expect some decent replacements during the summer. That has happened at all which will anger people. Next seasons drop will be the real tester i believe. A lot of people will be disillusioned with the clubs ambition.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Barber said at the fans forum recently that a 7% reduction is the national average in season ticket sales drop or something like that. I don't think it would change much despite 8 players leaving because you would expect some decent replacements during the summer. That has happened at all which will anger people. Next seasons drop will be the real tester i believe. A lot of people will be disillusioned with the clubs ambitions.

Spot on.

I would still have renewed but I don't go along with this often stated view on here that if don't renew and instead pick and choose games, that you are not a "real fan".

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I couldn't give a monkey's whether I am labelled a JCL, dyed in the wool, stick in the mud, old fart, newbie or whatever. Subject to a force majeure, I shall be there next year.

Barber said at the fans forum recently that a 7% reduction is the national average in season ticket sales drop or something like that. I don't think it would change much despite 8 players leaving because you would expect some decent replacements during the summer. That has happened at all which will anger people. Next seasons drop will be the real tester i believe. A lot of people will be disillusioned with the clubs ambition.

I agree - that 7% drop was on the back of finishing 6th. What will the drop be like on the back of finishing 16th?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We can argue backwards and forwards about the term "JCL" and what it implies.

However whilst most of us were desperate to hand over our money and choose our seats, it is a fact that a lot of first time season ticket holders at the Amex, who aren't your typical lower league fans, were sold the idea that in a very short space of time they would be watching the magic Premiership football. Whilst some have no doubt embraced the club and watching live football, it's inevitable that some are now starting to get twitchy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Long way to go between now and next April....yes it could get worse...but then it could get better...but the one definite is 8 months

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You're going to have to help me out here, because I hope I have the wrong end of the stick, which I'd like you to reassure me.

It seems that you are systematically chipping away at your own status within the group that can justifiably call themselves 'saviours of the Albion'.

It appears to me that not a week goes by without you popping up here, having a little dig at the club and wander off again.

The club is different now, but that doesn't change the fact if you were offered everything that the Albion now is, all those years ago, you'd have bitten their hand off, and yet you don't seem happy.

It doesn't half seem like sour grapes now that Tony is playing his and the clubs cards close to his chest, so to speak.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I jurt wish someone from the club would explain what's going on.
What is there to explain? High earning players who cant play the system SH wants are being sold and cheaper players who can play it are being brought in. We win on 2 counts , we meet FFP and have the players playing as SH wants. Quite simple really.

By Christmas we shall know if it is the correct approach.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here