Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FTAO ALL Palace fans........

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
A reminder that this is primarily a Brighton & Hove Albion message board and the unwritten rule is that you must not join in on threads that are related to B&HA stuff, however we are very tolerant and will allow you to get involved in anything that is not related to B&HA.

Now this is very fair considering the fact that we only have to put a full stop on the BBS board and we get banned, I did join BBS and originally got banned just because I am a moderator on here, ok maybe i was stupid in using my username from here.

Please remember the unwritten rules for your own good.

Now I fully expect this thread to turn into a right old binfest!! :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought the rule was that they couldn't hijack BHA-related threads, but could post in them as long as it stayed on topic with sensible contribution and wasn't an attempt to rile brighton fans.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I thought the rule was that they couldn't hijack BHA-related threads, but could post in them as long as it stayed on topic with sensible contribution and wasn't an attempt to rile brighton fans.

Thats fair enough by me but not by everyone, in fairness we do have some very good and sensible Palace fans, especially the ones who support the REMF and such like.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

I think your signature is brilliant by the way, hopefully many do actually read it
Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Unless this is a sticky it will be quickly forgotten. Well done anyway.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thats fair enough by me but not by everyone, in fairness we do have some very good and sensible Palace fans, especially the ones who support the REMF and such like.

Support REMF...??? Well that,s not many is it.

Have a look at their forum. The thread on Tonys death was put in the away fans section and prompted just 6..yes 6 , replies. Two of which were from Brighton supporters.

They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our forum, but thanks to the ineptitude of you moderators they proliferate on our forum with impunity.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Support REMF...??? Well that,s not many is it.

Have a look at their forum. The thread on Tonys death was put in the away fans section and prompted just 6..yes 6 , replies. Two of which were from Brighton supporters.

They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our forum, but thanks to the ineptitude of you moderators they proliferate on our forum with impunity.

I get an infraction for this...?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our forum, but thanks to the ineptitude of you moderators they proliferate on our forum with impunity

When did you do start being the rule maker here?

It's funny - go to BBS, as you seem to do, and you'll see threads from Palace fans complaining about infractions and bans as soon as they touched NSC. Come over here and you get some posters, such as yourself, saying Palace fans are allowed free rein over the board.

The truth, as ever, lies in between. However Palace fans do regularly receive infractions but you wouldn't know about that as infractions are entirely private.

You seem to have an ongoing issue with the running of this site - I really don't know why you use it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
When did you do start being the rule maker here?

It's funny - go to BBS, as you seem to do, and you'll see threads from Palace fans complaining about infractions and bans as soon as they touched NSC. Come over here and you get some posters, such as yourself, saying Palace fans are allowed free rein over the board.

The truth, as ever, lies in between. However Palace fans do regularly receive infractions but you wouldn't know about that as infractions are entirely private.

You seem to have an ongoing issue with the running of this site - I really don't know why you use it.

This site has the potential for being a good Brighton and Hove Albion football supporters site. Unfortunately...IMHO....it is let down by the liberal attitude shown to our caravan dwellers up the road.

I feel quite certain that with better moderators who can tell the difference between a Palace troll and an unhappy Brighton supporter this forum could actually be far more interesting...and informative.

You say I now have a 3 point 'infraction'...what exactly does that mean...?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This site has the potential for being a good Brighton and Hove Albion football supporters site. Unfortunately...IMHO....it is let down by the liberal attitude shown to our caravan dwellers up the road.

I feel quite certain that with better moderators who can tell the difference between a Palace troll and an unhappy Brighton supporter this forum could actually be far more interesting...and informative.

You say I now have a 3 point 'infraction'...what exactly does that mean...?

Can I give you one of your famous thumbs down ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC is nowhere near as liberal as I would have it be, but it's clear that many Albion fans are largely incapable of any tolerance at all to fans of other clubs, particularly Palace fans. Whereas some can take gentle ribbing as being part of football, some can't. Even when Palace fans post and are not provocative at all, some of our more 'sensitive' users get an immediate red mist and explode with apoplectic rage. It's quite embarrassing to see.

If you really think NSC is overly liberal, have a skim through this: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252262

Infractions are warnings. Like a speeding offence when you drive, get a few and you'll be stopped from posting for a while. I'm simply not standing for users being aggressive and critical towards the moderating team, either en masse or individually. We've lost a few moderators on NSC who were, essentially, bullied out of the position by the persistent attacks of a few rather spiteful users. Giving up time, for nothing, to help this community does not deserve that. If you have an issue with a moderating decision, use the PM system to discuss it with a moderator. If you are still unhappy, PM me. We all make mistakes, and will happily reverse any decision if merited.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
yes you can, the thumbs up / down are free to use, our friend cjd uses them on a regular basis (thumbs down that is) on pretty much anything I post :lol:

Join the club, he must have a repetitive strain injury to his finger .

larus

I thought this was the case too, and I think it's a reasonable stance to adopt. If some of the NSC community take offence , then surely that's their fault. The reality is that most fans of most clubs are decent people; what seems to cause problems is the small, vociferous minority who get so aggressive towards other fans (and often to our own fans as well). It seems the minority ruin it for the majority.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
NSC is nowhere near as liberal as I would have it be, but it's clear that many Albion fans are largely incapable of any tolerance at all to fans of other clubs, particularly Palace fans. Whereas some can take gentle ribbing as being part of football, some can't. Even when Palace fans post and are not provocative at all, some of our more 'sensitive' users get an immediate red mist and explode with apoplectic rage. It's quite embarrassing to see.

If you really think NSC is overly liberal, have a skim through this: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252262

Infractions are warnings. Like a speeding offence when you drive, get a few and you'll be stopped from posting for a while. I'm simply not standing for users being aggressive and critical towards the moderating team, either en masse or individually. We've lost a few moderators on NSC who were, essentially, bullied out of the position by the persistent attacks of a few rather spiteful users. Giving up time, for nothing, to help this community does not deserve that. If you have an issue with a moderating decision, use the PM system to discuss it with a moderator. If you are still unhappy, PM me. We all make mistakes, and will happily reverse any decision if merited.

[MENTION=16842]Hillian[/MENTION], [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] don't come out of that thread well.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I thought this was the case too, and I think it's a reasonable stance to adopt. If some of the NSC community take offence , then surely that's their fault. The reality is that most fans of most clubs are decent people; what seems to cause problems is the small, vociferous minority who get so aggressive towards other fans (and often to our own fans as well). It seems the minority ruin it for the majority.
well said :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
@Hillian, @Buzzer and @Blue Valkyrie don't come out of that thread well.

Errm....nor do I...:lol:

The Last Dodo
user_offline.gif

Banned by Moderators
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

Precious little darlings.
Well either that or they're precious little c **ts.
I know which one I'd plump for.
And as for that Hitony c**t....well don't get me started.
About that Hitony c**t.
I don't like that c**t much.
Lives in Wales too apparently. The Brighton supporting Welsh c**t.

Most of it I will accept.......but I'm not WELSH!!!!! :lol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Errm....nor do I...:lol:

[TD="class: alt1"]Precious little darlings.
Well either that or they're precious little c **ts.
I know which one I'd plump for.
And as for that Hitony c**t....well don't get me started.
About that Hitony c**t.
I don't like that c**t much.
Lives in Wales too apparently. The Brighton supporting Welsh c**t.
[/TD]

Most of it I will accept.......but I'm not WELSH!!!!! :lol:

Missed that. Classic. From a bloke who called himself 'The Last Dildo'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here