Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
FFS he has played ONE game !

But your assessment of Holla was harsh. He played most of his games for Groningen, and they are a proper club - averaging 19,000. Den Haag (his recent club) are a bit smaller, but still comparable to an average championship club in terms of size.

The Dutch league isn't anything like as lop sided as Scotland, to be fair. Sure, Feyenoord and Ajax are the only two teams capable of pulling in 45-50k, but PSV always manage over 30k (and have won numerous titles themselves, far more than Feyernoord), Twente get 29k (and won the title under McLaren) and there are another 4 or 5 teams averaging 17k+ who often go quite deep into the Europa league.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But your assessment of Holla was harsh. He played most of his games for Groningen, and they are a proper club - averaging 19,000. Den Haag (his recent club) are a bit smaller, but still comparable to an average championship club in terms of size.

The Dutch league isn't anything like as lop sided as Scotland, to be fair. Sure, Feyenoord and Ajax are the only two teams capable of pulling in 45-50k, but PSV always manage over 30k (and have won numerous titles themselves, far more than Feyernoord), Twente get 29k (and won the title under McLaren) and there are another 4 or 5 teams averaging 17k+ who often go quite deep into the Europa league.

Fair points Simster

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Fair points Simster

To be fair you were a tad harsh on him, and you are right, it's only one game. But not a bad start eh? I remember a few years back I was slightly harsh on the directing skills of Mr Spielberg, for which you quite rightly berated me for - He's not that bad actually. Still, I don't think he holds a candle to Mr Kubrik :whistle: But hey..the world is full of different opinions...thank goodness!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
FFS he has played ONE game !

Er, one game was enough for some people to completely write off the season...

Probably the same people that now think we will be contenders, come the end of the season #FickleFans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's getting quite hard to contain my excitement at seeing him play.

Partly because of the report in blog section.
Articles like the above.
Reports from Elland Road.
But most importantly on the back of the kicking his signing took in this thread.

I agree.....especially with that last commment

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's getting quite hard to contain my excitement at seeing him play.

Partly because of the report in blog section.
Articles like the above.
Reports from Elland Road.
But most importantly on the back of the kicking his signing took in this thread.

Not to mention your nickname for him. Has it, er, 'taken off', SB? :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not to mention your nickname for him. Has it, er, 'taken off', SB? :lol:
Oh how quickly I forget The Hollacopter.

Fingers crossed he'll have me in a spin at 4:50 on Saturday.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The new Brian Horton.

This lad will become a club legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here