Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ulloa £8m

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bought for £2m, sold for £8m. That's a profit of £6m in a year and a half. Surely as paying customers and high paying customers at that, it's not to much to ask that £3m of that is spent on a new striker. I'm sure Palace would bite our hands off, for that offer for Murray. That's forgetting the Bridcutt/Barnes/El Abd/ Buckley money, that's over another £7m.... Least we forget all the wages that have been freed up as well, with the players that have departed.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Bought for £2m, sold for £8m. That's a profit of £6m in a year and a half. Surely as paying customers and high paying customers at that, it's not to much to ask that £3m of that is spent on a new striker. I'm sure Palace would bite our hands off, for that offer for Murray. That's forgetting the Bridcutt/Barnes/El Abd/ Buckley money, that's over another £7m.... Least we forget all the wages that have been freed up as well, with the players that have departed.

I'm guessing that fee may be used to offset losses due to FFP......like I said, it's just a guess

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

Who needs David Burke!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

As I said on your other thread-personally I don't think the transfer fee is the problem. Its the wages. If we say paid a top striker £30k a week we'll be on a slippery slope and all the other agents will know what we're prepared to pay and you create problems down the line.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As I said on your other thread-personally I don't think the transfer fee is the problem. Its the wages. If we say paid a top striker £30k a week we'll be on a slippery slope and all the other agents will know what we're prepared to pay and you create problems down the line.

I'd rather have 5 players on good money, then 8 on average money. We have got rid of 15 wages packets and bought in 5(including the loan).

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I would like to see us re-invest half of it on to the squad and use half to off set FFP.
Remember signings are split over the years of the contract.
We sign a 5 million striker for 5 years will result in 1 million per year in FFP rules.
Incoming money off sets straight away. With the reduced wage bill as well i think we can spend a bit and still easily comply with FFP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 1st of September comes round quicker each year.

I guess I better get the kids ready for school tomorrow.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bloom said we didn't need to sell anyone before ulloa went, so surely that money should be re invested?....

Bloom also said we would be competitive by the time the window closes. That means we can expect to see 4/5 top quality players come in asap. That's going to cost a bomb, but that's what the man said, was it not???.....Because we are a million miles away from competitive atm, and journeymen like O'Grady are just not going to cut it, i'm afraid.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wages alone would consume most of that and that team up the road would piss themselves over the fact that they signed him for nowt and then we were trying to get him back for M's

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bought for £2m, sold for £8m. That's a profit of £6m in a year and a half. Surely as paying customers and high paying customers at that, it's not to much to ask that £3m of that is spent on a new striker.
They will be trying to spend it.

I'm sure Palace would bite our hands off, for that offer for Murray. That's forgetting the Bridcutt/Barnes/El Abd/ Buckley money, that's over another £7m.... Least we forget all the wages that have been freed up as well, with the players that have departed.
You do seem to have forgotten wages - Murry's wages would be too high. From an FFP point of view we could afford them this year (thanks to recent sales), but we wouldn't be able to afford them next year when the profits from our sales will no longer apply to the new season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we spend a fair chunk of recent income on some expensive loans.

D

Deleted member 22389

Would have been used to plug the gap for FFP I reckon. It's not the clubs fault they cannot get any players.
The fault lands directly at these agents and player wages. It's over the top now and this is one consequence of it.

Got to face facts, I don't think the club is going to pay over the top for new players. So if they don't get any players, and we go down, 5-6k do not renew their season tickets, that's the way it is.

We can't force the club to get players, and there is no point getting frustrated anymore and wasting your life like I do hoping something is going to happen.
We can either get behind the team at this point, or just don't bother going anymore.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We have only lost by the odd goal twice isn't that competitive? We cannot expect to win them all? Nothing was said that means we have to have the best squad in the division?

Bloom also said we would be competitive by the time the window closes. That means we can expect to see 4/5 top quality players come in asap. That's going to cost a bomb, but that's what the man said, was it not???.....Because we are a million miles away from competitive atm, and journeymen like O'Grady are just not going to cut it, i'm afraid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have only lost by the odd goal twice isn't that competitive? We cannot expect to win them all? Nothing was said that means we have to have the best squad in the division?

I'm not too worried about the defence and the midfield but the forwards are not going to score enough goals to give us a chance of staying up. There is not much creativity in midfield to help our limited forwards either, the Liverpool loanee looks like he could make the difference but we cannot rely on him for every game.

Is there a club in the championship with a worse forward line, is there a club with less forwards on their books? I imagine that we are staying in the bottom three until we get some real quality in, we have journeymen and don't need more of those. We are going to have to spend big or get very lucky with a Premier League loanee. I doubt we'll get a point until the forward line is improved.

In short, we probably need to spend most of the Ulloa money on forwards.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If the club are that worried about ffp then why waste £500k on Ogrady? I tell you why a cheap Ulloa replacement, some clown looked at his goal tally for last season and thought they had hit the jackpot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here