Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocking this drinking lark on the head

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Not because i don't enjoy it, not because of the cost or the fact it's not partucularly good for you. I#m just fed up of going out and having a few beers then waking up at stupid oclock ( 3 in the morning today) then being unable to get back to sleep, WTF is all that about?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Well thanks for sharing that with us

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not an expert on all the effects of alcohol. Hope you succeed in cutting back.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Not because i don't enjoy it, not because of the cost or the fact it's not partucularly good for you. I#m just fed up of going out and having a few beers then waking up at stupid oclock ( 3 in the morning today) then being unable to get back to sleep, WTF is all that about?

Tell you what mate, hadn't thought of it like that. But Friday I also had a few beers and woke at a similar time, really affected my sleep which is normally pretty crap anyways. Might have to join you and see how it goes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I accidentally went tee-total a couple of years ago.

I have no idea how I functioned with a hang over.
The prospect now is genuinely quite scary.

I don't miss beer, and I definitely don't miss having a bad nights sleep.

It's not made too much difference to me physically, although I comfort myself with the thought 'what sort of lumbering beast would I now be if I carried on how I was'.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The prospect of going "accidentally tea total" worries me.

It's not made too much difference to me physically, although I comfort myself with the thought 'what sort of lumbering beast would I now be if I carried on how I was'.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

This 100%, i dont miss spending a £30+ trip to the pub when i could save the money and avoid a hangover with nothing to show for it

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm certainly making an effort to drink less. Apart from the health benefits, my main reason for doing so is the hangovers - I get real bad ones. After a serious Saturday night on the beer, I feel shit until Monday morning. Sundays are a complete write off. Such a waste really :nono:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I'm certainly making an effort to drink less. Apart from the health benefits, my main reason for doing so is the hangovers - I get real bad ones. After a serious Saturday night on the beer, I feel shit until Monday morning. Sundays are a complete write off. Such a waste really :nono:

That was my experience also. Now drink in moderation and now the drink helps with sleep.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You drink in the evening, the body spends the night processing the alcohol = crap sleep. Same with eating late into the evening to a lesser extent in terms of sleep disruption.

After having to cut it out all together earlier in the year on doctor's orders, I now don't drink anywhere near as much as before. Often, as with last night, I won't have any at all. Cheaper, feel fine in the morning, and an added little bonus is that I don't crave fried chicken/kebab after a session. Drinking to excess is definitely overrated.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
After having to cut it out all together earlier in the year on doctor's orders, I now don't drink anywhere near as much as before. Often, as with last night, I won't have any at all. Cheaper, feel fine in the morning, and an added little bonus is that I don't crave fried chicken/kebab after a session. Drinking to excess is definitely overrated.

It is true how much healthier you tend to eat when you cut down. I've been having eggs, toast and spinach for breakfast. Fills me up. And as you say, you don't crave shit food when you drink less. My sleep has improved no end.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot

I am laying in bed in a bad way after a 16hr session yesterday had a good time but it's not really worth the hangover is it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am not a heavy drinker,have been a binge drinker in the past,but could have say 1 can of beer or maybe 2 during the week in the evening,and it takes me an age to come round in the morning,if i don't drink,i wake up,5 am and no alarm at all,wide eyed and bushy tailed.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't think the curry helped much either. :rolleyes:

I have been alot healthier recently cut it right down and eaten alot better after ticking off at the doctors over my blood pressure which is now back to normal and also started running 3-4 times a week and i've lost half a stone. Decided i fancied a few yesterday but have now decided I'm not bothering going on a session to often again as i'm knackered now and even though i'll sleep fine tonight will still be tired tommorrow as my body catches up.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I am laying in bed in a bad way after a 16hr session yesterday had a good time but it's not really worth the hangover is it.

I feel for you! Fortunately I stayed in last night and didn't touch a drop, so am feeling fine this morning. #sanctimoniousgit :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here