Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season - Crawley Town top team in Sussex?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
With plans for a 20,000 seater stadium and currently on the pitch two wins out of two will we swap places with Crawley and finally relinquish out top team in Sussex tag?

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Flipping heck things must be bad for you lot at the moment.
But don't worry we won't get promoted, so the only way we're find out who's top dog in these parts is if you get relegated and we stay up.
We are only two games into the season, so way to early to make accurate judgements on both our teams.We have made a better start then you for sure,but don't let that fool you.We beat Swindon at home yesterday after they conceded a penalty and went down to 10 men.In all honesty they dominated us for the whole match.We thankfully have an excellent goalkeeper and the defence is solid.We do however have a very weak midfield and it was exposed yesterday for all to see.We do seem to have a very resilient and determined group of players which is great,so I'm hoping the quality we pick up as the season progresses.

We are still a million miles behind Brighton.
We have a core fan base of about 3000 of which only 2100 showed up against Swindon.
The support in Sussex Is pitifully small.We are never going to get anywhere near Brighton on that front.We can't compete with your stadium and facilities as they are world's apart.We do now have an excellent new playing surface butthat's about it.As for the new 20,000 all seater stadium forget it.
Yes the chief executive mentioned it but it will never happen.
We need to grow our support massively before thinking about a new stadium.
And like I say you have the support in Sussex, so we pretty much reley on the support in Crawley.

Just one last thought.I think you should easily beat Leeds United because they look poor.If they turn you over then I would start to worry.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here